Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Archer
Australia
Woori Yallock
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are lots of Randomizer Apps - but are there any that haven’t fizzled out? Are there any that include this - the Renaissance expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Glesser

Placentia
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aPilgrim wrote:
There are lots of Randomizer Apps - but are there any that haven’t fizzled out? Are there any that include this - the Renaissance expansion?

For Android, I use Jack of all Dominion. It is always promptly updated and a heck of an app.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
repnA wrote:
aPilgrim wrote:

For Android, I use Jack of all Dominion. It is always promptly updated and a heck of an app.
I wholeheartedly agree with this. It now has card art! You can long press on a card and it'll take you to its page on DominionStrategy.com!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
For ios, I use DominGen. It's very pretty.

There is also this web-based solution which is up to date:
http://inprogressgaming.com/dominion-card-picker/

The two features that would be nice in an automated randomizer that I haven't been able to find:
1) isotropic-like vetoing, where you draw extra cards and let people discard individual ones. You can fake it, but it takes extra steps.

2) Creation of a Black Market deck that shuffles and draws within the app.
DominGen will generate a Black Market deck list for you, but you still have to create and manage it physically.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Vandeweyer
Belgium
Haaltert
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dominion Shuffle was recently updated with Renaissance:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nz.geek.truth....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jozxyqk wrote:
For ios, I use DominGen. It's very pretty.

There is also this web-based solution which is up to date:
http://inprogressgaming.com/dominion-card-picker/

The two features that would be nice in an automated randomizer that I haven't been able to find:
1) isotropic-like vetoing, where you draw extra cards and let people discard individual ones. You can fake it, but it takes extra steps.

2) Creation of a Black Market deck that shuffles and draws within the app.
DominGen will generate a Black Market deck list for you, but you still have to create and manage it physically.

FWIW for #1, Jack Of All Dominion does have a blacklist feature. If you forget to blacklist something, you can "side swipe it" from the list of Kingdom cards and it'll replace it with something else from your parameters.

Dominion Shuffle has a thing where you tap on it to toggle putting a red '-' on it. I think that's how that works (I've gotten confused about it in the past).

I thought #2 was already implemented, although damned if I can remember what it was called. FWIW, this could warrant being its own app!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
FWIW for #1, Jack Of All Dominion does have a blacklist feature. If you forget to blacklist something, you can "side swipe it" from the list of Kingdom cards and it'll replace it with something else from your parameters.

DominGen also has a blacklist feature for before you roll up the kingdom, but "vetoing" is something that's usually based on the kingdom as a whole.
It's something along the lines of drawing as many kingdom cards as 10 + number of players, and each player can choose one card to throw out of _this_ kingdom, no questions asked.

(i.e. throwing out the only Attack because there's no anti-Attack, or throwing out a complicated card because there's a newbie at the table, or just because you don't feel like playing with Hexes today, etc)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jozxyqk wrote:
ackmondual wrote:

DominGen also has a blacklist feature for before you roll up the kingdom, but "vetoing" is something that's usually based on the kingdom as a whole.
It's something along the lines of drawing as many kingdom cards as 10 + number of players, and each player can choose one card to throw out of _this_ kingdom, no questions asked.

(i.e. throwing out the only Attack because there's no anti-Attack, or throwing out a complicated card because there's a newbie at the table, or just because you don't feel like playing with Hexes today, etc)

Oh.. THAT veto! I always thought "veto" and "blacklist" were the 'same difference', but that makes sense. Yeah, for a Dominion tournament, I played some styles like that...

A) as you described, but it was done in reverse player order, starting with the last player

B) another one, for a 4p game, 2 randomizers were placed face up on the table. We needed 8 more Kingdom cards. Each player drew 5 randomizers, picked 3 to discard, and 2 to keep, of which we revealed those simultaneously to get to 10

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Glesser

Placentia
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
repnA wrote:
aPilgrim wrote:

I wholeheartedly agree with this. It now has card art! You can long press on a card and it'll take you to its page on DominionStrategy.com!

I didn't know about the long press feature. Neat! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.