ftl ftw
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those of you guys who've finished the game - have you gotten through all or most of the road/city events playing RAW?

I've been playing that I always draw a road event even when playing a scenario linked to gloomhaven, first by accident and then intentionally out of worry that I'll miss a bunch of stuff. Also considering a house rule that I can draw road/city events playing casual mode scenarios, we don't do that much but we do it occasionally.

Mostly it seems that since we have a pretty high win rate, we'll get through all the scenarios before having a chance to thin out the city/road event deck. Is that a reasonable worry? Or will I get through most of it even if we win most scenarios?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCarthy
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a reasonable worry. You're not going to see all the events in one campaign unless you lose a lot. Drawing them for casual mode scenarios seems entirely reasonable.

And I mean, worst case is you filter down to the indefinitely repeating ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eldur
msg tools
ftl_ftw wrote:
For those of you guys who've finished the game - have you gotten through all or most of the road/city events playing RAW?

Nope. We still have a few handfuls of city events left. Less of the road events remain.

I'm not worrying about it though. I feel like we've had a rich history with the story and events we've seen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
We're getting close to the end and we've still got pretty thick event decks. I'm also thinking about house ruling in that we draw them for casual mode scenarios too. But we might not since Forgotten Circles and the next expansion will add more scenarios playable in campaign mode.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henri Hein
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Although we had a number of events that we had not seen yet, we also saw a lot of repeats. (This is possible because sometimes, when you add events, you shuffle them in). My impression is we had seen by far most of the events. We had some losses - maybe 25% - but often, when we lost, we replayed immediately and won the second time, so most of our losses did not churn extra events.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.