John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
example: pages 14 and 19 of the rulebook have images of the board, showing various resource icons on them...but to the left of those resources are:

"2 x a die#" and "6 x a die#"...what do these mean? i know it has something to do with attacking that city...maybe the number needed to win? what does the # on the die image mean? i just couldn't find this explained anywhere (probably just missed it i guess)

thanks...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt matt
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The 2xdie means that when you attack the city with your necromancer the city will roll 2 die and the number on the die represents the power the city is using. So on page 19 you have a city with 2x power 1 die and that city will roll 2 dice and score a hit for every 1 it rolls. The other city lists 6x power 3 dice and rolls six dice with every roll of 1, 2 or 3 resulting in a hit.

You can look this up in the combat explanation on page 24.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kanniebaal wrote:
The 2xdie means that when you attack the city with your necromancer the city will roll 2 die and the number on the die represents the power the city is using. So on page 19 you have a city with 2x power 1 die and that city will roll 2 dice and score a hit for every 1 it rolls. The other city lists 6x power 3 dice and rolls six dice with every roll of 1, 2 or 3 resulting in a hit.

You can look this up in the combat explanation on page 24.
ok, page 24 says "Cities the power dice are depicted on the Game board."

so in the image from page 19 it shows a city with: "6 x die of 3":

- is the city attacking with this, or defending?
- 6 means 6 die rolls?
- and you hit on any of the 6 rolls of 3 or less would inflict a wound/hit?

and pg. 24 also says "Cities can have from zero to five wounds."...so how many "wounds" can the city on pg 19 take...6?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Heckmann
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland Pfalz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
John_VW wrote:
ok, page 24 says "Cities the power dice are depicted on the Game board."

so in the image from page 19 it shows a city with: "6 x die of 3":

- is the city attacking with this, or defending?

There's no difference between attacking and defending in this game. This is the city's combat roll if you move onto it.
Quote:
- 6 means 6 die rolls?

Yes.
Quote:
- and you hit on any of the 6 rolls of 3 or less would inflict a wound/hit?

Yes.
Quote:
and pg. 24 also says "Cities can have from zero to five wounds."...so how many "wounds" can the city on pg 19 take...6?

The dice don't have anything to do with how many wounds a city can take. A city can take as many wounds as it has towers (depicted on the board). The city on page 19 has a single tower, so it is defeated if it takes one wound (and your Necromancer survives combat).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.