Subject: Creature Stat Bar Updates v1.1 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank West
England
Bristol
flag msg tools
designer
Lover and creator of immersive games, join the adventure!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The City of Kings is a living, breathing world, and that goes beyond the stories!

As I continue to read feedback, watch playthroughs and follow discussions across the internet I will always be considering ways to add to, or improve the game.

Last year I released version 2 of the rulebook for The City of Kings and today I would like to announce another small update for the game, a set of modified creature stat bars.

These changes are not intended to make the game easier or harder, but instead to counter certain strategies a small selection of players were using. It is likely these new stat bars won’t change your experience much, and as such I would classify them as “not required, but nice to have”.

The files are currently in the moderation queue on Board Game Geek and will be available soon. As soon as they have been approved I will add a link to this post.

The file is available here: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/174790/creature-stat-bar-...

---

Important notes.

If you purchased a copy of The City of Kings from the second print, then these stat bars will already be included in your game. You do not need these files.

If you supported our second Kickstarter and received the "Update Pack", then these stat bars will be included in the pack! You do not need these files.

In short, you only need these files if you have an original copy of the game and do not have an Update Pack.

You will be able to purchase a printed version of these stat bars from February 2019 onwards via our website.

---

As always, I will continue to monitor feedback and look forward to seeing the second print and update packs getting out into the wild in the coming days. I am greatful for all of your support, feedback and suggestions and will continue to read everything that gets posted!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Glez.
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's so nice to have! Happy to see this game improving and evolving constantly. You sure are a great and listening designer Frank, keep it going!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jor Ray
Spain
Santa Cruz de Tenerife
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pelota

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmb
That's great news Frank. I'm looking forward to getting my expansion characters any day now.

I'm not 100% of whether or not I get an update pack with my expansion though? I have City of Kings from the first KS and I've bought everything but a copy of the base game in the second KS. Will I get the updated stat bars?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank West
England
Bristol
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Greg, yes you will!

Anyone who backed just the World Packs will get it automatically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.