6 Posts

Sushi Go Party!» Forums » Variants

Subject: Grid Drafting for 1v1 play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Krasny
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I lifted this from a Magic: The Gather draft I used to do with a friend, I tried it with sushi go and it works great.

Basically you lay out a 3x3 grid of cards and one player takes a whole row or column. Then the other player takes a row or column from the remaining cards. Then you discard the cards left, and repeat this process another 3 times. This concludes a single round. Keep your deserts, shuffle the cards and play again for 2 more rounds like regular sushi go.

I go over it in more detail on my blog: http://agreeordie.com/sushi-go-1v1-variant-grid-drafting/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edgar Wilde
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could possibly also play it from a pyramid grid (i.e. like in 7 Wonders Duel)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Krasny
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I have tried that as well, but my wife found that more fiddly than the grid so we never tried again.

For what it's worth I think that worked great, and the idea of risk/reward "uncovering" cards for your opponent is super interesting. I have never played 7 wonder duel so I had to keep looking up the configuration of the pyramids, but once committed to memory, great variant as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Ferré
Switzerland
Bern
Bern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like a game by Bruno Cathala.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Love
United States
Humble
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Also similar to Cat Lady, except Cat Lady refills the row/column after each draft.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Krasny
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm sure that would be an interesting way to do it also... Always refill the gaps... That way after 4 rounds both players end up with 12 cards, not bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.