Bj Price
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
Organization makes me happy!
badge
"Cult" is what a big congregation calls a little congregation.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just bought this game plus all of it's expansions and wanted to create an insert to fit it all in one box. I usually make inserts for all my games that don't already come with a functional insert. This game, as most of FFG productions, desperately needed an insert. I would like to thank FFG for not providing functional inserts because I love making my own and sharing.

All the trays laid out. Some of my cuts weren't the greatest, but everything is functional. To reduce on the heights of some of the trays, I used 80lb card stock instead of foamcore as the base for the cards and miniature trays.

I chose to vertically store the cards to help separate all of the decks. Large card decks are separated by the 6 scenarios and the 3 common decks. The small cards are separated by the assets sets (A-F, twists) and skill sets (4-yellow, 4-blue, 4-red) to make it easier to choose which decks are used when playing the game. The one set of red party skills share the same slot with the corruption cards. 2 pieces of 5mm foamcore separates the decks for easier removal.
Assets tokens are separated by sets as are the combat tokens. Each miniature is also accompanied by their 3 starting tokens.

Resource tokens are separated in their own tray and all the adventure and boss tokens are stored underneath the boss cards.

Fully assembled. The game board, combat sheets and manuals lay on top before closing the lid.

The only issue I have is, that even with reducing the height of the card holders by using card stock instead of foamcore, the lid does raise slightly when closed due to the amount of manuals. Small price to pay for a functional insert. Everything stays where it should when stored, flipped or transported. Setup and game play streamlined.

Thanks for viewing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
msg tools
mbmb
This looks awesome! Any chance you have a cut list or instructions written up?

Thanks,
Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery Hudson
United States
Washington
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nice.

I wish i was anywhere near this talented.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bj Price
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
Organization makes me happy!
badge
"Cult" is what a big congregation calls a little congregation.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the kinds words.

In regards to measurements, unfortunately I do not record any while creating my inserts, as sometimes I have to make changes as they are made up as I go along. With that said though, I am most likely going to revisit this insert and make some cleaner cuts where I can. I am pleased with the layout, just not my cuts.

I will record the measurements and make up a .pdf with diagrams to follow. I will post within the next month, as I have other time commitments. I will post a link to the files page on this thread when uploaded.

Stay tuned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
msg tools
mbmb
That's awesome! A month will give me time to finish buying everything lol. I'm going to pick all the expansions except for the dark star since I won't be doing any PvP.

Thanks,
Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.