Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Gùgōng» Forums » Rules

Subject: double servant and placing a servant from the general supply rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Koen Dekker
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes you get to place a servant from your general supply onto the board. For example with specific traveler-tokens.

Question: can you put your choose your double servant for this purpose if it's in your general supply? The rules say you get to place 1 servant; does the double servant count?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Huesken
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Looking for a copy of Key Town! Got a copy for trade?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say yes. That's the best part about the double servant - it counts as one servant but will act like two.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Page 13 of the English rules says:

"Once unlocked, the Double Servant is treated and kept like all other Servants, but it can be used as either 1 or 2 Servants".

This seems to make it clear that the Double Servant can be used in your situation.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Moser
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gotuso wrote:
Sometimes you get to place a servant from your general supply onto the board. For example with specific traveler-tokens.

Question: can you put your choose your double servant for this purpose if it's in your general supply? The rules say you get to place 1 servant; does the double servant count?

Definitely, Yes.

While we're on the subject (sort of), when a Decree or Travel Token directs you to do something with a Servant from the general supply (which you can tell because the Servant is shown with a "smile" underneath it), the Servant must come from the general supply. If the supply is empty, you lose the benefit; you are not allowed to place a Servant from your Pool instead.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koen Dekker
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your answers! I guess the double servant really is just that good laugh
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rene Sauzedde
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
There are some limits on that double servant though. you can't put him in any spot that calls for ONE servant to be left on the board. For example: above a decree, or on a boat that only has room for a single servant left. There aren't many situations like this but there are a few.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rezard Vareth
United States
flag msg tools
ReneSauz wrote:
There are some limits on that double servant though. you can't put him in any spot that calls for ONE servant to be left on the board. For example: above a decree, or on a boat that only has room for a single servant left. There aren't many situations like this but there are a few.
this is wrong. The double servant is a long block in the regular game and you can place him vertically.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Moser
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RezardVareth wrote:
ReneSauz wrote:
There are some limits on that double servant though. you can't put him in any spot that calls for ONE servant to be left on the board. For example: above a decree, or on a boat that only has room for a single servant left. There aren't many situations like this but there are a few.
this is wrong. The double servant is a long block in the regular game and you can place him vertically.

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure ReneSauz is correct, according to the final version of the rules, although using the double servant in this way was mentioned specifically in earlier versions. I think you can house rule it either way; it's almost never going to be a good idea.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rezard Vareth
United States
flag msg tools
dmoser22 wrote:
RezardVareth wrote:
ReneSauz wrote:
There are some limits on that double servant though. you can't put him in any spot that calls for ONE servant to be left on the board. For example: above a decree, or on a boat that only has room for a single servant left. There aren't many situations like this but there are a few.
this is wrong. The double servant is a long block in the regular game and you can place him vertically.

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure ReneSauz is correct, according to the final version of the rules, although using the double servant in this way was mentioned specifically in earlier versions. I think you can house rule it either way; it's almost never going to be a good idea.

I guess it's mostly academic, since I can't think of why you would ever use it as one servant. (Though can't sacrifice the double servant to a decree or to a harbor reward...)

The rules do say specifically that you MAY use the double servant as one or two servants...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.