Jim Marshall
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When using his home card to teleport to a Hapsburg home space, need that space be Hapsburg controlled?

I'm wondering whether (say) Charles can teleport to an Ottoman occupied Trieste in the anticipation of moving Hapsburg land units into Trieste to convert it and allow recruitment. (I'm anticipating the Ottoman has converted the Hapsburg home spaces around Vienna in an attenpt to lock out the Hapsburgs from that area of the map).

I recognise that the Hapsburg could sea-move land untits to Trieste without Charles, convert the space, then move in Charles on a subsequent turn, but this would allow Charles and five land units to arrive in a single card play.

Edits for typos

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rubin
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
"It may be doubted whether so small a number of men ever employed so short a space of time with greater or more lasting effects upon the history of the world.” — Sir George Otto Trevelyan on the Battles of Trenton and Princeton
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Check the card text; it refers to
Quote:
any controlled Hapsburg home space

Charles may not teleport to Ottoman controlled Trieste.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ståle Mellesdal
Norway
Lillestrøm
Akershus
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
As noted above, not allowed. Even if it was, I don't see where you get "Charles and five land units" from. If you could teleport there, Charles would arrive alone, except possibly the Duke of Alva. Then you would have to spend at least 1 CP to convert the space even if you already had a unit in/adjacent to the space, leaving at most 4 CPs to recruit there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Marshall
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Immanio wrote:
As noted above, not allowed. Even if it was, I don't see where you get "Charles and five land units" from. If you could teleport there, Charles would arrive alone, except possibly the Duke of Alva. Then you would have to spend at least 1 CP to convert the space even if you already had a unit in/adjacent to the space, leaving at most 4 CPs to recruit there.

Bring them in by sea movement

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Marshall
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dirubin wrote:
Yes. Check the card text; it refers to
Quote:
any controlled Hapsburg home space

Charles may not teleport to Ottoman controlled Trieste.

Thanks, you're quite right. I was reading the online rules at work over lunch, which for some reason don't mention the word 'controlled', they just say 'immediately jump to any other Hapsburg home space'. This got me thinking, but checking the cards at home it's clear.

A rare instance of the card actually offering more specific conditions than the equivalent rules section, which is not usually the case in Here I Stand (see 'Six Wives', 'Barbary Pirates', 'Schmalkaldic League', 'Sack of Rome' etc).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.