Mage Knight: Ultimate Edition» Forums » Reviews

Subject: Mage Knight Ultimate Edition Storage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Alburger
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
For anyone interested, I'm posting my Mage Knight Ultimate Edition Storage Solution. I used Plano 2-3700 boxes (14" x 9" x 2", https://tinyurl.com/y8wcvcq8). These boxes fit quite snugly length wise in the box with room for cards width wise.

I will note I am new to this game so I've separated out all of the expansions separately, some may not need/want to do this but I wanted to play with just the base game for a while.

I separated all of the character cards (including reference sheets) into separate bags.

Also bagged the map tiles (figure is just tiles from base game, all of the Lost Legion ones are in another bag).

Also bagged the spells, advanced actions, units, wounds, etc. (again I kept the expansions separate).

The first Plano box I put all items which are taken out at the beginning of the game so the box can be put away after setup. The first box has all the characters, with their skills and tokens in separate compartments.

The second Plano box is things which are used throughout the game. This box has the cities, crystals (I separated green/blue from black because I have trouble telling blue/black apart). The second row from bottom is all of the base game tokens (plus the yellow ruins tile in the 3rd from bottom), the third row from bottom is Lost Legion (plus the Dragons in the top row), and the top row is Krang.

The two Plano boxes are stacked in the box with the map tiles and cards next to them.

There is some space at the top (space above boxes -

space above cards -
)
which I may try to put foam in (or even a towel), but nothing gets jostled too much except the stacking of the cards when turning the box so for right now I haven't put any other packing material at this point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El Bastardo
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This is so depressing: Every time I do research I find comments from "an American gamer" about Plano boxes and every time I want to answer "not available here in Germany" -_- (or shipped internationally for unreasonable prices).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Prenner
Austria
Vienna
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maybe this helps
http://www.spieltraum-shop.de/

there you will find some really nice boxes in 3 different sizes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pǝʇlᴉʇ ǝʇᴉnb
Ireland
Belfast
Ulster
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
El Bastardo wrote:
This is so depressing: Every time I do research I find comments from "an American gamer" about Plano boxes and every time I want to answer "not available here in Germany" -_- (or shipped internationally for unreasonable prices).
#

I do not speak German, so I can not tell you what to search for. But maybe this will help, at least give you key words from its title, or recommendations below it.

https://www.amazon.de/Kunststoff-verstellbare-Aufbewahrungsk...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rizzo
United States
Hershey
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just use some of those "airbags" - the packing material that comes with packages.

I'd be a little worried about card wear. From what I've seen, the cards are nice quality, but they seem to wear easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Izzy S

Chicago
Illinois
msg tools
“Wealth is the ability to fully experience life” - Henry David Thoreau
badge
"We are all born originals - why is it so many of us die copies?" - Edward Young
mbmbmbmbmb
This is great but the plano boxes look like it’s slightly pushing out the box walls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Alburger
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
JustinRRizzo wrote:
Just use some of those "airbags" - the packing material that comes with packages.

I'd be a little worried about card wear. From what I've seen, the cards are nice quality, but they seem to wear easy.

The airbags are a great idea, thanks.

And yea you can sleeve the cards (they still fit in the bags I've used them for other games where I've sleeved), just haven't done it yet for this game.

Phantomdragon wrote:
This is great but the plano boxes look like it’s slightly pushing out the box walls.

Yea the plano boxes do push out the sides a very little bit. Lid fits on fine. I debated getting smaller boxes, but then the Plano Boxes wouldn't fit as tightly. Certainly have enough space in the Plano boxes to get a 12 or 13 inch long box and fit everything in fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cgm cgm
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hallo,

You can find them everywhere here in germany.... baumarkt or internet, cheapest way aliexpress, for just one or two euros you have you box at home with removable dividers....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
El Bastardo wrote:

You'll find nice plastic boxes that are normally used for screws or nails at Bauhaus or Hornbach. They are dirt cheap compared to box prices you'll usually find on the German Amazon market, for example. Some of these boxes are very well suited for holding tiles, cards, meeples, you name it .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.