Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Bishop
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Death - Do you lose 10 points of fame when you die in a campaign?

Shards - Can you spend shards between scenarios for Relics like in the main game?

Edit: Answered
Quote:
2. My understanding is that the rules state that you can buy artifacts after defeating a royalty. Since the Jack isn't included in the campaign encounters it would seem that you can buy after defeating the queen in stage 2.

Royals - I assume if there's a royal present (Scenario 2), they're face up and affect the players every round.

Opponents - Do we have opponents when cards refer to them? Or are we all considered allies?

Scenario 2 - Do Relics follow the same rules? I have take a Relic, essentially replacing a piece of equipment (if I have one) and then losing it when I break a curse?

Hand Axes - Does it just add 2 points of damage to assign every push? Or does it stack on the weapon, meaning the longer I wait to use the axes, the more damage they do. Or does it stack at all? The weapon can only be used once per combat, so I'm wondering when/how this bonus affects the overall combat encounter.

Dealer Deck - Does this shuffle between scenarios?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArtSchool
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi, I agree that the coop rules are too "cryptic". They should have spent a bit more time explaining things, instead of taking everything that's not specifically mentioned for granted. Hence, as a general rule, I'd say that the base game rules apply unless otherwise stated, except where they make no sense in an obvious way.

As I play the game:

You should lose 10 fame If you die.

Shards can be spent when looting a royalty or whenever a card allows for it (this happens in scenario 2 of the king's campaign, in which you might get the necessary relics by defeating the queen or activating the demon trader event)

Yep, I also assume that the Queen of bones is there and the card is up and active.

I play relics as usual, then discard them whenever I use them to lift a cursed ground as required. Yo whenever you acquire them, bear in mind qhen choosing that they are probably just temporary...

As for the hand axes, the card doesn't expressly say (as others) that it's the weapon itself that gains 2 points/push. I therefore consider them separate from the weapon itself, but I'm not 100% on this one.

I don't think you shuffle. Just do what the game says in "continuity" when explaining what happens when you change scenario.

In coop mode, there are no opponents. Just allies. It makes no sense to apply these effects, which are clearly thought for a competitive game mode.

Hope this helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bishop
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the only thing that gave me pause about the Dealer Deck is that it's not mentioned anywhere in the section about what you store between sessions.

As for the axes, yeah, they just add the power. They don't say what they add it to. Seems odd you'd just get 2 damage to assign each round, especially since the weapon and each card is "spent" for the entire combat when used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.