Major Airfix
United States
US
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I put all 6 maps together in one session, but found that some of the little parts of the walls (with one or two tabs) could sometimes fall out. This past Saturday, I put a dab of hot glue on each of the smaller tabs and put them in to stay. Should have done this the first time.

If you have a glue gun or Elmer's Glue, you might want to to this right the first time you put together that first scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaz Man
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well said. Did the same with some of the smaller parts with elmers glue

Gary
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SEAL Team Flix Team
msg tools
SEAL Team Flix Official Account
badge
I assembled mine, flipped it over, and put Elmer’s in the cracks between the walls and cavities. Let it dry and it would take the word of God to remove them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SEAL Team Flix wrote:
I assembled mine, flipped it over, and put Elmer’s in the cracks between the walls and cavities. Let it dry and it would take the word of God to remove them.

Elmers Glue is just PVA (Various strengths from kid friendly to Wood Glue) for those of us not exposed to Elmer, in fact never heard of it till mentioned here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will wood glue work on this, and is it the strongest type of glue for the job?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SpoDaddy wrote:
Will wood glue work on this, and is it the strongest type of glue for the job?

Yes but use it sparingly, hobby PVA is probably better, both should dry clear.

Narrow spout careful to just thinly coat surface in contact and have a damp paper towel to wipe off excess. Should dry fairly quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't have any wood glue handy so assembled the boards and then slathered Modge Podge on the back in 2 coats, also applying some to the pegs of the smaller wall pieces that weren't fitting snugly dry. We'll see how it turns out tomorrow after it all dries, but it seems to be fairly strong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.