Subject: Should I keep it? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ross Chippendale
Ireland
Strokestown
flag msg tools
mb
So long story short, I really like this game. My employer gave me some online vouchers for Christmas, so I saw a copy of this game that was listed as having both English and German languages.

I bought it and low and behold it is just the German language version, no UK flag on the box, and the back of the box is in German.

Now I know I could just print out the he rules and play what is a great game. However it is the principal of the matter that bothers me. I have been essentially miss-sold a product. If I don't return it, it sends a message to the seller that it is ok and acceptable to mislead customers.

Also I am not sure how Amazon can refund online vouchers?

What would you do in this situation?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john guthrie
United States
silver spring
maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
at least with amazon US, it's fairly simple to get ahold of someone real via chat. i'd do that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Naked Meeple
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mb
Personally I wouldnt go through the trouble of returning/exchange too much hassle and wasted time, Id just want to play the game. Everything about the game is language independent so like you said, you just need to download english rules pdf and youre good to go.

If it is that much of a deal to you though, then do as you see fit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't always have to be a win-lose situation. Make it a win-win situation by sending an email to the seller, explaining to them that you were disappointed that you got something that was falsely advertised, and clarifying their mistake to them. This will let them know they made a mistake, and they can (hopefully) do something about it.

You can then print the pdf and enjoy the game right away, knowing you've helped the seller and you don't have to wait for the return-and-rebuy process.

Win win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A K
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality Software Developer
badge
Programming since 1990
mbmbmbmbmb
Stonehorse wrote:
What would you do in this situation?

Just play the game once or twice. Nothing will matter any more...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Triest
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd get a few bucks off and simply keep it and print off the rules. I am sure the seller would happily take 20 percent off for the inconvenience. Maybe store credit or another voucher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Pugh
United Kingdom
LEEDS
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I got the exact same thing for Christmas - we just printed off the English rules a couple of times, stapled them together and everything was fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.