Subject: Looking for a game I used to own rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alain Montero
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
new user
Hello everyone, new member here. Have to say the site is unbelievably helpful in providing all sorts of information on games. Thank you all.

Looking for a game I lost many years during a flood to the basement of my house. I can only describe to the best I can and hopefully someone has come across it as well. I have searched the internet to no avail and this forum as best as I can with no positive result.

-Game is a monopoly like genre allowing players to buy/sell(?) properties
-Box was triangular in shape, colored black, think instructions were in the box itself
-The box would be turned inside out to create the holding area for the property cards. I believe each property had two sets of cards: A rectangular one which the player would keep with information for charging rent(?) etc. The other card was a small hex or pentagon shaped card which was actually positioned on the 'playing board.
-Players had to own a set of these properties to change more
-The playing board was also triangular
-Players would use a die to move around and were able to start at the top of the triangle and make their way down. Once they got to the bottom they would move up the board again. Think like the arcade game Q-Bert.
-I used the term 'rent' above but I think I only recall utility properties so it was probably more like charging usage.
-There were possibly 5-6 tokens representing players and recall them having a round head, probably made out of wood
-money like monopoly
- and here is the last clue which is probably throwing off my search. I recall the name started with the letter 'TRI'. Maybe this is right, maybe it is totally wrong but nothing come up under that. Always this Triopoly, or triominoes, triopoley games come up.

Your help is greatly appreciated - Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B B

Baldwin City
KS
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tryopoly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Montero
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
new user
OMG...I think I am gonna cry. Thank you so much!!!. I get the 'tri' vs 'try' but come on, u would think the internet would have yielded some darn clue.
Again thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.