United States
Worcester
Vermont
flag msg tools
Livin's mostly wasting time, and I waste my share of mine
badge
I am a breathing time machine
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules make clear what happens when white discs are at the top of a stack when scoring or at the bottom of the stack. What about when a white disc is second or third in the stack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing happens - you just skip over them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duke Of Lizards
United States
Worcester
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gillum wrote:
Nothing happens - you just skip over them.

Thanks! So they drop down to the bottom of the stack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a white disc is the first placed on top of the stack, the player gets to perform each of the chosen actions twice.

When a second (non-white) disc is placed on top of the stack, only that player gets two actions. Now the white disc is the bottom of 2.

When a third (non-white) disc is placed on top of the stack, only the second and third players gets two actions. Now the white disc is the bottom of 3.

When a fourth (non-white) disc is placed on top of the stack, the second, third, and fourth players gets two actions. The white disc is given to the fourth player, who places a colored disc on one of the scoring tiles of the city council.

Things operate the same way if there were already discs before the white disc was place, except that those discs will be under the white disc and will go to the city council in one of the earlier turns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duke Of Lizards
United States
Worcester
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again. It turns out we were doing this all wrong. We’ll have to give it another go with the correct rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll piggyback on this thread with my question.

The rules are written, "the 2nd and 3rd non-white disc is activated". This is slightly ambiguous.

Let's say I place a yellow disc on a stack that already has three discs: White - Red - Green.

I believe I should reactivate the Red and Green discs, now in the 3rd and 4th position because they're the first non-white discs I come to after my Yellow disc on the top of the stack.

Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you a play a Yellow disk on a stack that is (from top to bottom) White - Red - Green, here is what happens.

1. Yellow player gets the two actions.

2. Red player gets the two actions (White disk is skipped).

3. Green player moves their disk to the city council and scoring occurs.

The stack is now (from top to bottom) Yellow - White - Red.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So what you're saying is the bottom disc goes to the city council BEFORE other players get a chance to resolve additional actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No.

Maybe I misunderstood. Let me explain what I meant.

Initially, it is white on top, then red, then green.

Yellow places a disk on top, so there are temporarily four disks: yellow, white, red, green.

The top disk is yellow, so the yellow player gets the two actions.

The second disk white, so it is skipped.

The third disk is red, so the red player gets two actions.

The fourth (bottom) disk green. The green player gets no actions, but the green disk gets moved to the city council and scoring occurs.

There is now a 3-disk stack remaining: yellow on top, then white, then red. Yellow's turn is over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.