Bill K
United States
Unspecified
Maryland
flag msg tools
. . . then came the king's son, wounded, sore bestead, and weaponless, and saw the broken sword, hilt-buried in the dry and trodden sand, and ran and snatched it, and with battle shout lifted afresh, he hewed his enemy down . . .
badge
A spicebush swallowtail caterpillar that was roaming my neighborhood.
mbmbmbmbmb
Protector of Lorien: Action: Discard a card from your hand to give attached hero +1 Defense or +1 Willpower until the end of the phase.

Q1: If I exhaust a hero who has the Protector of Lorien attachment in order to commit that hero to the Quest, can I delay discarding cards until after the Staging Encounter cards have been dealt? (I assume I can.)

Q2: In general, can you use an Action that is written on an exhausted card, or that is written on an Attachment attached to an exhausted Hero?

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
badge
Thank you, to whoever gifted me the Geek Citizenship Recognition badge! You're a pretty cool person, anonymous BGGer!
mbmbmbmbmb
Smash62bill wrote:
Q1: If I exhaust a hero who has the Protector of Lorien attachment in order to commit that hero to the Quest, can I delay discarding cards until after the Staging Encounter cards have been dealt? (I assume I can.)

Correct. There is an action step after the staging step but before finalizing the questing result.

Smash62bill wrote:
Q2: In general, can you use an Action that is written on an exhausted card, or that is written on an Attachment attached to an exhausted Hero?

A non-exhausted attachment on an exhausted character, definitely (unless the wording requires otherwise). An exhausted card *sometimes* can be, but depends on the wording. If the action requires the card to exhaust as part of the cost, no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rees
Bermuda
flag msg tools
Q1: Yes you can. There is an action window inbetween the staging step and the quest resolution step.

Q2: In general yes, provided that exhausting is not part of the cost to use the action. Compare Beravor to Lore Glorfindel.
For the second part about attachments, this is also fine, so you can use Protector of Lorien when you want to in the quest phase.
For an even better example of this look at Unexpected Courage. This card only does something when the attached hero is already exhausted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.