Curtis Royal
United States
Fernandina Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question on how running and noise work.

Running causes noise.
Noise makes one walker that is closest and within 10" move towards the noise in a straight line immediately, basically lunging towards the cause of the noise.

Does this mean the walker could/would catch the runner if the running model was within the 6" move rate of the walker since it acts immediately?
or
Does the runner finish it's run move then the closest walker moves towards the noise?

If this is the case does the walker move towards where the runner originated the noise or where the runner ends it's move?

If that's the case then if there are multiple walkers in different areas and only the closest walker within the 10" of noise which walker is moved?

Sorry if this has been covered already.
TIA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Miller
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Mantic Movement/Running Tutorial

In this quick example, they show that the walker moves toward the runner after he/she has completed the run - and the walker moves toward the runner's current(ending) location, not the origin of the noise.

The question of which walker this activates is always a point of contention when I play. Thematically - I feel like if you run laterally, parallel to a line of walkers, they each would have been the closest one to the noise at some point in the line, and they should all move toward you. But that would be pretty tough to deal with sometimes.

The rules as written say that the closest singular walker moves toward the runner's ending location, so if you run past 10 walkers, only the last one in the line responds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Royal
United States
Fernandina Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Ryan, that's what I was looking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.