Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason M
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just wondering how people are storing everything in this box. I bought it two days ago, and the size and amount of things in the box prevent any sort of satisfactory arrangement. Obviously we're all working with the same stuff here, so if anyone has any tips, I'd appreciate it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
zerothefool wrote:
I'm just wondering how people are storing everything in this box. I bought it two days ago, and the size and amount of things in the box prevent any sort of satisfactory arrangement. Obviously we're all working with the same stuff here, so if anyone has any tips, I'd appreciate it.

Dinosaur Island FAQ
Q: How do I fit everything in the box?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zerothefool wrote:

Nothing is really gonna be pretty... I'm thinking about building a foamcore insert which raises the lid a bit but will allow reasonable sorting inside the box
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J H
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
There is a 3D printed solution for the game that I have that works very well and helps improve setting up and tear down time too. If you go this thread, and the Thingiverse link he has a link to his shop. Best of luck!

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1906543/3d-printed-storage-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Soares
Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have everything from the base game (extreme edition) fitting in the box perfectly. The lid closes all way to the bottom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tina Bushey
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PEdorido wrote:
I have everything from the base game (extreme edition) fitting in the box perfectly. The lid closes all way to the bottom.

I did too with plenty of room to spare. Then the expansion came. Now, all 2 player (80% of my games) stuff is in the base box and the extra player stuff and pogs in the expansion box. Both still have room. No diagrams necessary to put back away, so I really don’t know how to explain. The only thing I might do differently is, I use the space between the boards and the side of the box as a makeshift organizer. So rather than bagging or stacking the attractions, paddocks, tanks and upgrades, I stand them up in 2 lines. The plastic container I use to hold the metal coins also fits perfectly in this gap. The little bit left fits baggies with the player pieces. There is so much stuff in this box that the all the cardboard stays in place, regardless of box orientation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Clifford
United Kingdom
Birmingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't have any issue.
Whether you use bags or boxes, there was loads of room still.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason M
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very helpful, thank you everyone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
It's a love/hate relationship.
badge
Check out my board game instructional videos on my YouTube channel: "The Game Explainer".
mbmbmbmbmb
MeepleRealty has designed a custom insert for the base game. It works for the retail and Deluxe (original KS) version. Check out their website for more info. I pre-ordered it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-matt s.
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
/geeklist/240879
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's my solution. All the plastic containers I got from the Dollar Tree except one of them (on the left square-ish box with coins in it - that is from Michael's). Also I use Baumgarten Platibands - latex bands - for grouping tiles and for the card decks.

I also leave out the useless pogs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Soares
Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PEdorido wrote:

And I forgot to mention, without removing the "insert".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tina Bushey
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PEdorido wrote:
PEdorido wrote:

Using the word insert for that piece of corrugated cardboard is an offense to inserts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Soares
Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ChaoticGemini wrote:
PEdorido wrote:
PEdorido wrote:

Using the word insert for that piece of corrugated cardboard is an offense to inserts.

Hence the quotation marks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.