4 Posts

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Weakness missing from decklists? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arianne H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New player here. My understanding is that including the Investigator's weakness is a requirement of deck-building, yet some of these lists on ARKHAM DB don't list them (see example below). Is it just assumed that players know to put the weakness in? And it always has to be added, right?

Jenny Get Money http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/arkhamhorror/arkham-horr...
Class:
Rogue

Investigator (1)
1x Jenny Barnes (The Dunwich Legacy)

Asset (13)
2x .41 Derringer [0] (Core Set)
2x Arcane Studies [0] (Core Set)
2x Burglary [0] (Core Set)
2x Dr. Milan Christopher [0] (Core Set)
2x Hard Knocks [0] (Core Set)
2x Liquid Courage [0] (The Dunwich Legacy)
1x Switchblade [0] (Core Set)
Event (5)
1x Dynamite Blast [0] (Core Set)
2x Elusive [0] (Core Set)
2x Emergency Cache [0] (Core Set)
Skill (12)
2x Double or Nothing [0] (The Dunwich Legacy)
2x Guts [0] (Core Set)
2x Manual Dexterity [0] (Core Set)
2x Overpower [0] (Core Set)
2x Perception [0] (Core Set)
2x Unexpected Courage [0] (Core Set)
Weakness (0)

On an ending note, I am shamelessly net-decking for beginner solo decks. Suggestions welcome. I have played the first scenario with the Roland starter deck, but want some deck lists that also use a 2nd core for a better playing experience.

Once I have played through the first scenario a few more times to get the mechanics down (and also "audition" investigators for the campaign), I am going to do the Zealots campaign, followed by Dunwich (have the box, haven't opened it yet). I have poked around both deck-building databases, but there is not an easy way to filter for solo and by set. I found some cool looking lists, but they involve multiple packs I don't yet own. If there's an easier way to do that, would love to know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you watch closely the list doesn't include her twin guns either.

I'd suggest using https://arkhamdb.com/ instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Griffin
United States
Thibodaux
LA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you are using ArkhamDB the system doesn't automatically add the weakness but it is recognized. If you load up any of the decks you build and look in the second column at the bottom you can see 1x Random Basic Weakness. The application is assuming you are putting it in there to make the deck a legal size. Now when building it you can have the app assign it for you if you click the random symbol on the side of the random basic weakness. Do that and it will pull it for you. On the other hand after you build the deck and choose your weakness you can edit the deck and manually add it. This is done by choosing edit, of course, then go to the special tab above the card list. From here you can add your random weakness that you choose.

As for searching both solo and by set I don't believe you can do that on either site.

Have fun! And welcome to the madness!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Brown
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To answer your question about weaknesses and deck building generally, if you look at the Investigator’s deck building requirements, each one released so far says to include one random basic weakness in the same section as it lists the investigators personal weakness and signature card(s). Your deck is legal if you have everything listed in those requirements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.