Subject: Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
craig mulcahy
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
Loved playing this the other night, I had a couple of questions, didn't really effect the game too much just wanted to clarify.

When you lower a boat from the ship, does it count as being attached via rope?

Is there a way to use rope to pull a character towards a boat/ship?

When a boat/character is attached to the ship, does it basically not move in the ship movement phase but all other movement is unrestricted?

Can someone in the crows nest not decent to the deck if mast B is manned by two characters (due to stacking limit of 2)?

Can a flying creature move directly to attack someone on a higher elevation mast hex or do they need to 'climb' like regular folk?

Does each counter of a large creature get to perform actions or does the creature as a whole only get to do one?

I'm sure I'll have more but that's for now....

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nathan hayden
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the questions Craig. Lets see what I can do.

When you lower a boat from the ship, does it count as being attached via rope?

No it does not. It is simply releasing the boat into the water

Is there a way to use rope to pull a character towards a boat/ship?

In these rules no, but certainly add a detail like that into your house rules. It is hard to describe, rule-wise, how someone can pull the rope. This is probably due to the rope counter not able to show that someone can be on the other end of it, a few hexes away, pulling.

When a boat/character is attached to the ship, does it basically not move in the ship movement phase but all other movement is unrestricted?

Yes, exactly. It just stays exactly where it is.

Can someone in the crows nest not decent to the deck if mast B is manned by two characters (due to stacking limit of 2)?

If people are directly under it then he would not be able to for stacking reasons. The characters under the nest can move adjacent to allow the character to move down. Also, it may be important to note, characters can be adjacent to mast, they don't have to be on top of it to Man or Steer.

Can a flying creature move directly to attack someone on a higher elevation mast hex or do they need to 'climb' like regular folk?

Good question. They could just go to the higher elevation. I'd add, that the flying character should declare, if on mast B, what exact hex they are on.

Does each counter of a large creature get to perform actions or does the creature as a whole only get to do one?

It is only 1 action for the entire creature, as the creature is only one character just with multiple counters.

Hope this clears things up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.