Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoilers ahead so please be courteous to others.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
How much information is actually given to players versus inferred? I figured out very early that the guard and Buck were involved in the crime. I had many of the clues, but I never found the actual knife. Nor did I get the guard to admit to an affair though it was obvious.

Can you actually arrest a character and if so how? Where was the knife? I just asked about melee weapons (not sure if I'm allowed to do that since I didn't actually have the card in evidence but I knew it was a sharp object that killed the victim according to medical report.

I submitted the facts and got 115 out of a 100.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire Bradley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The knife is on the floor in bucks apartment. If I remember correctly the guard confesses to the affair when you show him her card but only after you get told they were seen together looking steamy in Soho.
You can't arrest directly though. It's just about going to Scotland Yard to answer the questions and that results in the arrest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Foster
United States
Malibu
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In general, the solutions are more inferred than proven conclusively. The way to win is to answer questions correctly. I don’t believe it matters how you get to the answers you give. I will try this next time, but I bet you could guess at the beginning of the game and win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Miłuński
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your question, Randolph.

The game is built on a principle that usually you may find hard evidence but even if you don't manage to find it, but your deduction was right and you know what happened, you can answer the final questions and win the scenario.

One exception though is that you can never pick up and scan Evidence Category cards you have not found on VR scenes or was not given by NPCs. So in this case, when you did not find the knife, you are not allowed to scan it during "solve the case" step.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Franco
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
shieldwolf wrote:
Spoilers ahead so please be courteous to others.

How much information is actually given to players versus inferred? I figured out very early that the guard and Buck were involved in the crime. I had many of the clues, but I never found the actual knife. Nor did I get the guard to admit to an affair though it was obvious.

Can you actually arrest a character and if so how? Where was the knife? I just asked about melee weapons (not sure if I'm allowed to do that since I didn't actually have the card in evidence but I knew it was a sharp object that killed the victim according to medical report.

I submitted the facts and got 115 out of a 100.

I think I got a bug in that one as well since the prompt for the second scanning scene never popped for me the first time I played it.
The abandoned apartment search scene showed up on a second playthrough but not the first. The trigger is probably incorrectly programmed.
Having scanned the phone, you identify the location of the abandoned home, but apparently, there's something else that unlocks it since the game doesn't show the button when it should.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.