3 Posts

Summit: The Board Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Team Variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jake Y.
United States
flag msg tools
I've been enjoying the cooperative mode of this game but the competitive mode is a little too much take that for me. Then I thought of this mode.

Can be played 2v2 or 3v3.

Rules will be the same as the coop one with some minor changes/notes:
1. Turns will alternate from a member of one team to a member of another team. The teams can seat facing each other so that the turn order can easily be monitored.

2. Each team has their own active player token for one time use. they can decide who picks first at the beginning of the game.

3. In choosing the items at the beginning, you can do open drafting where the items cards (4 times the # of players) are shown on the table and starting form the team that picked their active player token last takes an item card then the turn goes back and forth between the 2 teams until both teams have decided not to take any more item cards. At that point, they can then distribute the cards however they choose to to their players and/or Sherpa, still following the starting item cards limit of the player and the Sherpa (2 max).

4. Both base camps are will be used. Decide whether each team starts separately or let each player choose where to start. The latter one will create more interaction.

5. Decide if you allow leap frogging over a player from the opposite team. I prefer not to allow it to create interaction between teams through blocking. allowing it makes the teams stay away from each other. The only place where blocking is not allowed is on the summit tile (yes, the whole tile).

6. Events that affect all players still affect both teams.

7. Blizzards still affect both teams but using the 4+ additional token. Or you can also decide to have the teams have their won blizzard token and gets affected only when their team rolls it but that would not be thematic.

8. When you die, your Sherpa will go to the nearest teammate.

9. When all the members of your team reach the base camp put a marker on the time of the day for your end game scoring.

10. End game scoring for the cooperative mode will be used to determine the winner.

I haven't play tested it but I think it will work. Any thoughts, comments, suggestions? Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Brookland
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Conor is currently working on a team expansion: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/263314/summit-board-game....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor McGoey
Canada
Thunder Bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
insideupgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL! This is awesome, and makes me happy to see that there is interest.
You have covered a lot of what I have done, but I particularly like number 9. I have a different plan for co-op end game, but I will test this as well.
Thanks for sharing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.