Dragoslav Obucinski
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My first entry into the 2019 9 Card Game Print and Play Design Contest

Lead your Country

The game is designed for 2 players. The player in this game takes the lead of a small country and he will try to make that country stronger and to win his rival in the game. It‘s necessary for the player to wisely improve his country, because changing the direction of the development of society disturbs the balance in society and then comes to revolution.

Components: 9 cards and 18 tokens

Approximate playing time <30 minuts

I'd like the game to be entered in:
-Best Overall Game
-Best 2-player Game
-Best Thematic Game
-Best Low Ink Game Category

InstructionV2.0: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MGaltrO0LrO-pPGg7u55ZugTcf...

CardsV2.0: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1k4uQSIhgt4S4SH3t1msaITV6Mi...

CardsLowInkV2.0: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vPdPzuCV40YArGXu0unIhYuwbs...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dragoslav Obucinski
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [WIP] Lead your Nation [2019 9 Card Game Print and Play Design Contest]
My other games WIP:

[WIP] Pirats [2018 Children's Game Print and Play Design Contest - Contest Ready]

[WIP] Aquarium [2018 Children's Game Print and Play Design Contest - Contest Ready]

[WIP] Revive your dinosaur [2018 Children's Game Print and Play Design Contest - Contest Ready]

[WIP] Geographical Society [2018 Solitaire PnP Contest] - Contest Ready

[WIP] Detective challenge [2018 Solitaire PnP Contest] - Contest Ready

[WIP] 21 grams

[WIP] TheScientistNeedsHelp (24 hour contest - May 2018)

[WIP] Conquistador

[WIP] Easter eggs (24 hour contest - April 2018)

[WIP] Peloponnesian War (Two-Player PnP Game Design Contest) COMPONENTS AVAILABLE

[WIP] Guess the City (2018 9-Card Contest - Contest Ready)

[WIP] Academy of Magic (Two-Player PnP Game Design Contest) COMPONENTS AVAILABLE

[WIP] CRASH OF MARBLES (2018 9-Card Contest - Contest Ready)

[WIP] Chasing for Resources - Game Pieces Only Challenge - Components Available

[WIP] War of Dukes - (2018 54-Card Game Design Contest) - Contest Ready

[WIP] Army of Fruits (2018 54-Card Game Design Contest) - Contest Ready

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Smith
United States
ARLINGTON
Washington
flag msg tools
Thanks for the hover!
badge
Reach out and touch someone!
mbmbmbmbmb
This game looks really promising. I'm a bit concerned because it's very similar to the game I'm working on, but it seems considerably better!
If I get a chance I will absolutely print this out and play test it!

I'm assuming that English is your second language and if that's the case, I am very impressed with the rules! However, they are quite rough so I tried to clean them up a bit. I'll PM you the Google Docs link for your review.

Feedback (just from looking at the provided resources):
- Change the user color and token to match. You currently have the "green" player using the "red" tokens.
- Remove "State" from Treasury and Admin.
- Place the 3 basic policies (Craft, Education, and Justice) at the bottom of the cards. Just swap Education and Army.
- Change "crafts" to "arts"
- Rewrite the Advanced Rules, I can not understand what exactly changes (it is late here, so maybe I'm just tired)
- Add some more clarification to the rules (how does a player move their revolt down)

If you have any questions, need some clarification, or want more feedback just let me know. Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dragoslav Obucinski
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I appreciate your advice and I'm glad you like the game. Thank you for your feedback.

You are right, my native language is Serbian. It's difficult to write Instruction in your own native language and even more difficult in foreign language.

1. Yes, the color is not adjusted and I will change it.

2. I will remove "State".

3. About the swap, your proposal gives a nicer and symmetrical distribution. I will accept proposed changes.

4. Changing "crafts" to "arts" – Crafts in this game generally represent material production. Arts is an upgrade, not a basis. In the early versions of the game, there were also Arts (and some other areas), but the number of allowed elements and cards does not allow greater game.

5. Advanced mode rules - difference:
-In Standard mode, the token moves along square-fields (and the token is closer to the revolution) only in case when the player takes a point from The Social balance card and does not move the token that is on 'the circle-field marked with a letter'.
-In Advanced mode: the token is also moves along square-fields even in cases when it does not move in Standard mode: when you convert points to a higher level and at the same time token stands on ‘circle-field marked with a letter'.

What is practically changing: the mobility of the tokens is higher on black circle-fields. The most important thing is that the movement of the opponent's tokens is more often blocked (two tokens can not be at the same time on the same black circle-field). Also, a player has to plan his moves and the moment when he will perform the conversion.

6. „how does a player move their revolt down“ ?
Do you think what‘s happening in move during revolution?
Mechanical: The level on the Country card decreases and the token returns from the 6th square-field (which is red) to 0 square-field (which is white). The player does not get a point in that move.
If this is what you thought, I will explain it more precisely in Instruction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Smith
United States
ARLINGTON
Washington
flag msg tools
Thanks for the hover!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
4. When you explain it like that is does make sense. However, I would still argue that it's a little weird from the (American) English prospective. While it makes sense in definition it would probably come across a little strange in normal conversation. As in modern usage, crafts more commonly refer to things that people make in their home for entertainment; whereas, arts spans painting, music, movies, books, etc.
If no one else mentions it though, then I wouldn't even give it a second thought.

5. Okay, it makes sense now. If you do revise the rules and want me to look them over again just pm me and I'll give them another look.

6. Got it, maybe I just missed it, but I didn't see that explained in the rules.

Keep up the good work, and again, good luck in the competition!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dragoslav Obucinski
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Debonair Deviant wrote:
4. When you explain it like that is does make sense. However, I would still argue that it's a little weird from the (American) English prospective. While it makes sense in definition it would probably come across a little strange in normal conversation. As in modern usage, crafts more commonly refer to things that people make in their home for entertainment; whereas, arts spans painting, music, movies, books, etc.
If no one else mentions it though, then I wouldn't even give it a second thought.

Thank you for informing me, I'll change 'crafts' to 'arts'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dragoslav Obucinski
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
InstructionV2.0: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MGaltrO0LrO-pPGg7u55ZugTcf...

CardsV2.0: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1k4uQSIhgt4S4SH3t1msaITV6Mi...

CardsLowInkV2.0: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vPdPzuCV40YArGXu0unIhYuwbs...

Thanks Debonair Deviant
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Smith
United States
ARLINGTON
Washington
flag msg tools
Thanks for the hover!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you get my PM with the Google Doc file with changes to the rules? There are still a lot of grammatical errors. You certainly don't have to use my edits in their entirety, but I'd suggest using at least a good portion to fix the wording and grammar a bit.

Still trying to find someone to print this up and give it a go. If nothing else I might just try drawing it up on some index cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.