Subject: A list of Character Strength/Weaknesses rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Dukelow
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
I was trying to put together a list of character strengths and weaknesses, as I can't clearly read them on the images in the KS page (which I would guess is intentional.) I created this list and will try to update it as the project progresses and is eventually released. At that point I'd like to make it into a file with all other info available for the characters, like starting stats and details of the combat/diplomacy upgrades. But for now, Strength/Weaknesses.

Obviously, some of these will change through development, so I know I'm jumping the gun here.

If anyone has more details on these or if I entered one incorrectly, let me know. A lot of them are not the actual mechanic, but just a description that I lifted from an update. If there is somewhere with this information clearly presented, let me know.

Beor
Strength: Craft, spend 5 energy for one random craftable item
Weakness: Festering wound, -1 health when resting while hungry or exhausted
Ailei
Strength: Healing Herb, pay 2 energy to restore 1 health (outside of settlements.)
Weakness: Traumatized, Rest only restores sanity in a land with an active Menhir
Maggot
Strength: Meditation, pay 2 energy for one magic (up to two magic.)
Weakness: Recovering Addict, While resting toss a dial: Skull side restores no health or sanity, read the nightmare if available.
Arev
Strength: Forage ability that lets him gather a small amount of Food out of Settlements
Weakness: When Arev is in the game, enabling every Menhir costs one additional point of Magic.

Mabd
Strength: She is the only Character that can uncover Locations beyond the range of Menhirs (even if for a while).
Weakness: Her unstoppable wanderlust forces her to always be on the move, incurring Terror penalties if she doesn’t Travel.
Dagan
Strength: Butcher ability that grants additional Food after defeating Green Encounters.
Weakness: For Dagan, fleeing combat is considerably more expensive than for the other Characters…
Sloan
Strength: Tireless, allows Sloan to trade two points of Health for one point of Energy.
Weakness: At high Terror, instead of Going Insane, Sloan falls into a Catatonic state that leaves him completely unresponsive and unaware of his surroundings, until his Terror goes back down again, thanks to natural rest or the help of his friends.
Fyul
Strength: her Bounty Hunt ability lets her spend some Energy in a human Settlement to gain a point of Wealth and a point of Reputation.
Weakness: Every time she Travels to a location with an active statue, she receives 1 Terror!

Naazer
Strength: Pathfinding, lets him and his party perform diagonal Travels
Weakness: Whenever Naazer is in a Diplomatic encounter, the Affinity track starts one point lower than usual
Thebalt
Strength: Inspiration removes 1 Terror from either Thebalt or any other nearby Character for two points of Energy.
Weakness: he loses two Health and two Energy every time an Event with a skull icon is revealed at the start of a day.
Caolin
Strength: spend two points of Energy to take a look at the top card of any Encounter deck. She may then leave it as it is – or put it at the bottom of the deck.
Weakness: Caolin needs to spend 1 extra point of Energy every time she enters a Location with a Settlement.
Duana
Strength: Dark Pact action allows Duana to gain a point of Terror to restore 1 point of Health, Energy or Magic (to herself or another Character).
Weakness: She has to spend a point of Food, Wealth or XP during each rest – or she’ll lose 3 Health.

Niamh
Strength: Streetwise ability is just as useful, letting her slip in and out of Settlements unmolested, as long as she’s alone.
Weakness: she has a significant Reputation penalty that extends to everyone who travels with her.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacques Evrard
Belgium
Carlsbourg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Appreciated !
Where did you find the infos about the three first characters ?
(I didn’t find these myself).
BTW it’s Ailei (not Alei), I believe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dukelow
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
jacques.evrard wrote:
Appreciated !
Where did you find the infos about the three first characters ?
(I didn’t find these myself).
BTW it’s Ailei (not Alei), I believe.
You are correct, I will edit her name. Thanks for the catch.

I had seen the first three from watching the play through videos from Rolling Solo and Ready Steady Play. To get specific wording for Ailei and Maggot I found this post: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2109595/tainted-grail-essen...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacques Evrard
Belgium
Carlsbourg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carter Burke
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You missed one unofficial character:

Dukelow
Strength: his sharp eye for detail at picking other characters strength and weaknesses, makes him deserved of Geekgold.
Weakness: Anytime he visits Kickstarter location, spend gold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.