Taiben Henderick
msg tools

q1:

I have "Forest Clearer" and "Wood Worker", if I get 2 wood from wood accumulation space , and I want to leave 1 wood for 1 sheep , can I get the 1 food from "Forest Clearer"? When I leave 1 wood on the space , so I finally get 1 wood from wood accumulation space or I get 2 wood from wood accumulation space and get 1 food then put 1 wood back?

------

q2:

Can "Lazy Sowman" use the "Meeting Place" space when it is occupied ? It is so annoying , I want to check this.

-----

q3:

Can I immediately take 1 resource when I play "Work Certificate"? It say after use space , just like "animal teacher" , it can buy animal when we play it immediately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
Germany
Maintal
Hessen
flag msg tools
Schwarz-weiß wie Schnee
badge
You talkin' to me?!
mbmbmbmbmb
q1: Yes. The wood for 1 sheep could also be wood you already had.
Technically it doesn't matter.

q2: "An action space of your choice (even if it's occupied)" is pretty clear to me. I would say yes.

q3: I would say yes. But only with your second worker.
Say you have to workers, with the first one you play the card. You can not collect 1 resource. Then you use your second worker to build sheds (i.e.), now you can take 1 resource since you use an action space.
I'd say the same goes for the second card.
You already used the "Occupation space" to play the card. So technically, immediatly afte you use the space you play this card and hence cannot buy 1 animal.

But I think q3 will have quite a discussion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Shin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ruehling wrote:
Really? I wouldn't have guessed that (no pun intended.) I thought the wood had to come from the accumulation space since that's what is said on the card text.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dvader123 wrote:
Ruehling wrote:
Really? I wouldn't have guessed that (no pun intended.) I thought the wood had to come from the accumulation space since that's what is said on the card text.

It does not say that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
Germany
Maintal
Hessen
flag msg tools
Schwarz-weiß wie Schnee
badge
You talkin' to me?!
mbmbmbmbmb
grant5 wrote:
dvader123 wrote:
Ruehling wrote:

It does not say that.

Furthermore: It doesn't matter.
If you have zero Wood, you can take the accumulated Wood, give one back and receive one sheep.
If you have two Wood, you can still take the accumulated Wood, give one back or take from the Wood you already have and receive one sheep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taiben Henderick
msg tools
Ruehling wrote:

q2: "An action space of your choice (even if it's occupied)" is pretty clear to me. I would say yes.

q3: I would say yes. But only with your second worker.
Say you have to workers, with the first one you play the card. You can not collect 1 resource. Then you use your second worker to build sheds (i.e.), now you can take 1 resource since you use an action space.
I'd say the same goes for the second card.
You already used the "Occupation space" to play the card. So technically, immediatly afte you use the space you play this card and hence cannot buy 1 animal.

But I think q3 will have quite a discussion

About q3,
I think to use a space can divided into some step,

1.before use the action space
2.using the action space
3.after use the action space

In step 2, I play the card, so I have the card effect, and then step 3 "after use" , so I can buy animal or take resource.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
I disagree with that; you are essentially conflating Steps 2 & 3. The card is not active until after it has been played, therefore it could not be triggered by the action used to play it.

This certainly illustrates that an official ruling is required.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
Germany
Maintal
Hessen
flag msg tools
Schwarz-weiß wie Schnee
badge
You talkin' to me?!
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterG wrote:
I disagree with that; you are essentially conflating Steps 2 & 3. The card is not active until after it has been played, therefore it could not be triggered by the action used to play it.

I'm with you on this one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Foster
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
MisterG wrote:

I think there have been some (at least semi-)official rulings about similar effects already. One Revised occupation (whose name escapes me) says "After each time you play an occupation, including this one...", which strongly suggests that any occupation that does not include that wording does not enjoy that privilege.

I also agree with you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.