21 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: [Ebay/Paypal/Chase] $10 off Ebay purchase rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
booboo oob
msg tools
mb
I bought a game today off an individual seller through ebay. When I paid, I received $10 off my final purchase + shipping price.

By the way, my item was $35 + $6.99 shipping = $41.99 - $10 = $31.99

I only see the discount in my Paypal page, which is tied to a Chase card, so I suspect it's the Chase/Paypal combination that delivered the $10 surprise.

Sorry I can't be more specific. I totally didn't expect the $10 discount. I don't recall opting into any offer in the past 30 days. I searched around online but couldn't find such a deal.

Good luck - and I'm super interested if someone can replicate it, and let us know if I should keep shopping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Warning: Biohazard
mbmbmbmbmb
Really vague and highly YMMV.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
I got a $10 off $30 today. Showed up as a red banner when I was browsing ebay that gave me the code. My paypal isn't linked to ebay, so that probably has nothing to do with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
booboo oob
msg tools
mb
The weird thing was that the $10 off didn't show up until I paid through Paypal. Normally ebay coupons would show up when I commit to the purchase on ebay. No complaints though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew De Lorge
United States
Spencer
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just went on internet explorer and not even signed in I got a code for $5 off. Expires 1/22/19.

Try using IE and go on Ebay to duplicate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Y
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bigjoet wrote:
I bought a game today off an individual seller through ebay. When I paid, I received $10 off my final purchase + shipping price.

I only see the discount in my Paypal page, which is tied to a Chase card, so I suspect it's the Chase/Paypal combination that delivered the $10 surprise.

Sorry I can't be more specific. I totally didn't expect the $10 discount. I don't recall opting into any offer in the past 30 days. I searched around online but couldn't find such a deal.

Good luck - and I'm super interested if someone can replicate it, and let us know if I should keep shopping.

I think Paypal was supposed to offer a $10 credit for spending $100 back in December(?), but apparently it didn't get updated until yesterday or today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.M. Diller
United States
North Street
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jkimrx wrote:

Thanks, Captain Obvious! I think the OP was really clear that they knew they didn't have real specific details and it might not work for everyone.

Would you rather that they don't tell anyone? I, for one, would like to give it a shot and maybe it works for me too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Mitty
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
bigjoet wrote:

So you're the one who beat me for Clans of Caledonia, lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
booboo oob
msg tools
mb
modest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Nierste
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmdiller wrote:
jkimrx wrote:

Thanks, Captain Obvious! I think the OP was really clear that they knew they didn't have real specific details and it might not work for everyone.

Would you rather that they don't tell anyone? I, for one, would like to give it a shot and maybe it works for me too.

The irony is that his redundant summation of the OP was the more vague of the two laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stavo343 wrote:
jmdiller wrote:
jkimrx wrote:

The irony is that his redundant summation of the OP was the more vague of the two laugh

So tell me, were you able to replicate this Ebay/PayPal/Chase deal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jkimrx wrote:
Stavo343 wrote:
jmdiller wrote:
jkimrx wrote:

This is probably targeted so it's very much YMMV. FWiW, I tried and didn't get any kind of discount/coupon/offer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
Well, today I got the email to go with the code I got yesterday.

One thing to remember for people who never get the codes is to make sure you have promotions turned on in your account setting. The emails can get a bit spammy, but the deals are more worth it than most advertising emails. The best are the prize ball/spin to win ones. They usually show up once a year and look kind of sketchy, but instead of regular discount codes they give ebay gift card codes from $5-500. I got a $200 a couple years back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Nierste
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jkimrx wrote:
Stavo343 wrote:
jmdiller wrote:
jkimrx wrote:

I haven't tried yet, but I'm not sure how it would detract from your response being more vague than the OP and saying nothing that he didn't originally make abundantly clear. It also has no bearing on my amusement that a more vague comment bemoans the vagueness of a less vague post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stavo343 wrote:
jkimrx wrote:
Stavo343 wrote:
jmdiller wrote:
jkimrx wrote:

I haven't tried yet, but I'm not sure how it would detract from your response being more vague than the OP and saying nothing that he didn't originally make abundantly clear. It also has no bearing on my amusement that a more vague comment bemoans the vagueness of a less vague post.

I’m amused by how much you’re fixated on the “vagueness” of my response, yet you seem to sidestep the fact that this still remains highly YMMV.

At least I’m keeping the conversation relevant to whether this deal can be replicated to others. Your reply provides no input to this thread topic.

Edit: No longer replying to this thread. Do/say as you wish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Nierste
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jkimrx wrote:
Stavo343 wrote:
jkimrx wrote:
Stavo343 wrote:
jmdiller wrote:
jkimrx wrote:

I’m amused by how much you’re fixated on the “vagueness” of my response, yet you seem to sidestep the fact that this still remains highly YMMV.

At least I’m keeping the conversation relevant to whether this deal can be replicated to others. Your reply provides no input to this thread topic.

Edit: No longer replying to this thread. Do/say as you wish.

jkimrx wrote:
I’m amused by how much you’re fixated on the vagueness of my response, yet you seem to sidestep the fact that this still remains highly YMMV.

I'm not sure where you see the sidestepping. I fully acknowledge that the OP is both vague and highly YMMV. I called your post redundant; this means that both the information that the deal is vague and the information that it is highly YMMV are both contained in the OP. Redundancy requires repeated information, and repeated information requires original information.

If you had solely repeated information in the OP, I would have read on, uninterested. My fixation on the vagueness of your comment is due to the irony it created. It was the one thing that changed your comment from merely an echo to a source of amusement that has birthed this fun conversation. I guess I could copy and paste an earlier quote and call it "relevant" to the conversation, but I'd rather poke fun at useless posts to help foster an environment where people are more prone to post useful replies while maintaining a good and friendly demeanor. I'm sad to see you go, but thanks for the entertainment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Nierste
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bigjoet wrote:

I was unable to replicate this using a Chase Freedom through Paypal on a $42.95 purchase, but I still appreciate your post along with its helpful caveats! Keep 'em coming as you find 'em
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen Man
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
mattyd777 wrote:
Just went on internet explorer and not even signed in I got a code for $5 off. Expires 1/22/19.

I'm lost. I didn't see the $5 after one time (and making an account). Red banner. Someone says that doesn't end till the 22nd. Yet I'm not seeing it.

I'm completely new to ebay. Looking to get an airbrush. How does it work? I'm completely uncomfortable with purchasing without seeing the $10/$5 off...

Nothing for me (even with IE).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
Zenman12 wrote:
mattyd777 wrote:

I'm lost. I didn't see the $5 after one time (and making an account). Red banner. Someone says that doesn't end till the 22nd. Yet I'm not seeing it.

I'm completely new to ebay. Looking to get an airbrush. How does it work? I'm completely uncomfortable with purchasing without seeing the $10/$5 off...

Usually it's a code. Typically if you don't have a coupon that you enter at checkout you aren't getting the discount. Most of the codes are select users only, so someone else's code won't help you. You won't get any codes unless you have promos enabled. They tend to show up once or twice a month once you have them turned on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen Man
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
cormor321 wrote:
Zenman12 wrote:
mattyd777 wrote:

Usually it's a code. Typically if you don't have a coupon that you enter at checkout you aren't getting the discount. Most of the codes are select users only, so someone else's code won't help you. You won't get any codes unless you have promos enabled. They tend to show up once or twice a month once you have them turned on.

The promo I have is "general email promotions." Is this the one?

I saw the banner but as soon as I made the account it's gone. I figured it'd last he day. So I'm assuming it's gone for the month (a conspiratorial side of me keeps thinking it was just to get me to make an account).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
Zenman12 wrote:
cormor321 wrote:
Zenman12 wrote:
mattyd777 wrote:

The promo I have is "general email promotions." Is this the one?

I saw the banner but as soon as I made the account it's gone. I figured it'd last he day. So I'm assuming it's gone for the month (a conspiratorial side of me keeps thinking it was just to get me to make an account).

Sometimes if you go to your account summary, daily deals, or messages it will show you available coupons

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.