Subject: KS Deluxe Version - Extra Card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
I know we have 2 threads discussing this, but I want to clarify: What should we do with the extra card stuck to the outside of the KS version?

I have 3 "7" cards that look identical. Does this replace one of them? The post the company made says 2 cards are identical, but I see 3 with an orange dot below the number and what seems to be a house at the bottom left. The one that was taped to the outside of the shrinkwrap was different, except for the "7".

Putting a clear reply to this would help others who will certainly have the same question.

(See the first reply for the solution.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Moser
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Look at the upper right corner on those three “identical” cards. Two of them will have a yin/yang symbol; the other has something else. (A fan, I think, but I don’t have them in front of me at the moment.)

The card that was taped to the outside should replace one of those two with the yin/yang.

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
dmoser22 wrote:
Look at the upper right corner on those three “identical” cards. Two of them will have a yin/yang symbol; the other has something else. (A fan, I think, but I don’t have them in front of me at the moment.)

The card that was taped to the outside should replace one of those two with the yin/yang.

Hope that helps.

That was it! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Schlepphorst
msg tools
Curious to hear from OP or anyone else who has received this: how did the color-matching of the back end up? Can you identify that card by its back?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wolff
United States
Grafton
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anwei wrote:
Curious to hear from OP or anyone else who has received this: how did the color-matching of the back end up? Can you identify that card by its back?

It looked OK to me. I had just daylight lighting from a patio door but I don't remember being offended by it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Moser
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anwei wrote:

Mine was very close. I don't think it could be easily distinguished in normal lighting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Fast
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The color match is fine. I can't see a difference.

The publisher has done a great job with this. Lovely production.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Holmes
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I’ll second the sentiment on production. Just got mine in the mail an hour ago and got done unboxing it. Holy crap. One of the best production jobs I have ever seen. Just amazing. I wasn’t expecting it to be this good. And I must have missed in the KS when they said they were including sleeves. For a game where card play is major mechanic, that’s just a wonderful touch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Moser
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VerdantPagan wrote:
And I must have missed in the KS when they said they were including sleeves. For a game where card play is major mechanic, that’s just a wonderful touch.

And they're not penny sleeves either. They actually feel pretty good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
anwei wrote:

When I specifically looked for a difference, I could see it, but I never would have in normal conditions. After sleeving the cards, I couldn't tell at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Holmes
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Closer inspection gives me some concern about the board itself. It seems the top art layer (if there is proper nomenclature for this, forgive me, but I don’t know it) goes right up to the edge. I have a feeling that after a while, it could start peeling or curling up.

Everything else though it just stunningly well done. Not a piece of punchboard in the entire box. The clack of actual wooden tiles is amazing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
anwei wrote:

I didn't even look, so it must have been fairly close.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Tolman
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That card that came on the outside was folded about in half when I opened my box.

Must have been packed strangely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Heilman
United States
Denver
CO
flag msg tools
anwei wrote:

I can easily tell the difference between the replacement card (it has a bluish tint) and the others... if I'm looking for it.

I don't think it would be an issue during actual gameplay, but it's not a perfect match.

It's one of these cards:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
It's the one in the middle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Pérez Blanco
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
mbmb
I could tell right away which one it was. The way I see it, the replacement card is darker than the original ones. You can tell especially looking at the arrows at the bottom or the "light" around the silhouette.

But of course if one doesn't know there is a card different than the rest they're likely not gonna notice it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Schlepphorst
msg tools
Also, it’s not a side to side comparison. You have to id it without a comparison. At worst, it’s on top of a draw deck changing the urgency of shipping for a card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Fast
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've played the game once. I was at a meetup where it was played twice today. Not a single person mentioned it affecting play in the slightest and had to be told it was an issue. This is a complete non-issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Schlepphorst
msg tools
I will say: I’m glad they did it. I had made peace with missing that card, but decree bonus actions are huge, and there aren’t many. It’s very small, but it’s a better game for having the card I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.