Popular Tags: [View All]
Wink Start
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

1. If the AI has multiple workers at the Town Centre, does it capture from multiple locations? If only one, does it capture from two locations (as a human would)?

2. In a 2-3P game, players may "capture 1 group of Workers (of a single color) from 1 location (up to 2 locations for 2-3 player and solo games)."
Must the workers' color in the second location match the first? Or are they independent captures?

I am loving the game so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shem Phillips
New Zealand
Waikanae
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
winkstart wrote:
1. If the AI has multiple workers at the Town Centre, does it capture from multiple locations? If only one, does it capture from two locations (as a human would)?

No, it only makes a single capture from one location (or 2 captures from 2 different locations for the Future Scheme Card).

winkstart wrote:
2. In a 2-3P game, players may "capture 1 group of Workers (of a single color) from 1 location (up to 2 locations for 2-3 player and solo games)."
Must the workers' color in the second location match the first? Or are they independent captures?

Your first capture must be 1 colour from 1 location. Your second capture can be a different colour from the same location, or any player colour from a second location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stevens
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
I protect the sheep in our society from the wolves.
mbmbmbmbmb
We were playing a 3-player game tonight and had some disagreements over the Town Centre Capture Action. My thought was that you place one worker there, pay your 1 coin to the Tax Stand and capture 1 group of workers of 1 color from 1 location. The other 2 guys who were playing insisted and pointed out in the Rule Book, like you quoted above that you can capture from up to 2 locations in a 2-3 player game and that those 2 captures can be of one color from 1 location and then the same or a different color from the 2nd location.

I thought the rule meant that you could only do that once you put your 2nd worker there and paid the extra dollar to the supply for the additional Capture.

So 1st worker placed there pays 1 coin to the Tax Stand to Capture one group of workers from one location of one color.

My 2nd worker placed there pays 1 coin to the Tax Stand to do the first Capture and he must then pay a 2nd coin to the Supply if he wants to do a 2nd Capture of another group from another location.

Would your 3rd worker placed there have the option to Capture 3 sets of workers from 3 locations if he paid 3 coins?

The other 2-players were pretty certain that EACH worker you placed there had the option to capture from up to 2 locations since we were in a 2-3 player game. Please explain what is the correct way to Capture with 1 worker on the Town Centre and then what are your options once you place a 2nd and 3rd worker on the Town Centre?

Either I am thinking WAY too much into this or else the wording in the parenthesis is just causing me confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Thane
England
Brough
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Up the Tigers
mbmbmbmbmb
Each worker can carry out one individial capture action, ie one group of workers of one colour from one location, not multiple capture actions from the same or different locations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven St. John
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In a 2-3 player game, if you activate the Town Center, you can select two locations on the board to capture from.

If you have 1 worker there and pay 1 coin, you’ll capture 1 color from 1 of those locations.

If you have 2 workers and pay 2 coins, you can capture 2 colors from 1 of the locations or 1 color at each location.

If 3 and 3, you can capture 2 colors from 1 location and 1 from the other, or 3 from 1.

If 4 and 4, then capture 2 from each of the 2 locations or 3 from 1, 1 from the other.

You will never capture from more than two locations on a single turn. From those two locations, you can capture as many groups as you have workers and coins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.