3 Posts

Dual Powers: Revolution 1917» Forums » Rules

Subject: Difference in exhausted state of Red and White tokens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Spokes
Australia
flag msg tools
Each side has 10 unit tokens, though their exhausted states do not mirror each other: the weakest Red tokens (1) have 0 strength when exhausted whereas their White counterparts remain at 1 strength when exhausted.

The highest level Red tokens (3) are actually at greater strength when exhausted than not!

I am assuming there is an historical reality that is being abstracted here, could anyone tell me what that is?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United Kingdom
Keighley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I assumed it referred to the fanaticism of the proto-communists, against the 'supporting the status-quo' of the pro-imperialists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Myers
United States
Madison
WI
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Choogs wrote:
Each side has 10 unit tokens, though their exhausted states do not mirror each other: the weakest Red tokens (1) have 0 strength when exhausted whereas their White counterparts remain at 1 strength when exhausted.

The highest level Red tokens (3) are actually at greater strength when exhausted than not!

I am assuming there is an historical reality that is being abstracted here, could anyone tell me what that is?

Hi, thank you for backing the game!

The faction tokens are greatly abstracted representations of the many events and actions of the period, including speeches, military and police movements, workers' strikes, sabotage, looting and riots, and more.

Tim nailed it in his response above, though. I wanted to represent, broadly, the rising dissent of the working classes, the defection of military units, and the weakening of state functions related to Russia's disastrous continued participation in the First World War.

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.