Dice Hospital» Forums » General

Subject: Replacement Pieces? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adrian Iwanczuk

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just opened and punched my Dice Hospital last night. I noticed one of my room tiles (Crash Centre) was scratched up on the back and the turn dial was miscut. Will Alley Cat Games replace these? I was looking through the Kickstarter updates for an e-mail address regarding game issues, but could not find one. Has anyone else had part replaced for their game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Burgess
United Kingdom
Chichester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
temujen72 wrote:
I just opened and punched my Dice Hospital last night. I noticed one of my room tiles (Crash Centre) was scratched up on the back and the turn dial was miscut. Will Alley Cat Games replace these? I was looking through the Kickstarter updates for an e-mail address regarding game issues, but could not find one. Has anyone else had part replaced for their game?

I don't know if they'd send you replacements for what appear to be such minor issues that won't affect gameplay at all.

Personally, I wouldn't request replacements - these are very usable pieces. But then, everybody's tolerances / expectations of perfection are wildly different! Good luck
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Iwanczuk

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played the game yet. Are you saying that the scratches on the hex piece won't cause it to be marked during play? From what I saw they are placed upside down with that side showing. I'd like to replace the dial. Being off center tweaks my OCD. LOL!

mattpburgess wrote:

I don't know if they'd send you replacements for what appear to be such minor issues that won't affect gameplay at all.

Personally, I wouldn't request replacements - these are very usable pieces. But then, everybody's tolerances / expectations of perfection are wildly different! Good luck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angela Viveen
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
Infected! Soon you all belong to me...
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're really bothered by it, you could send ACG a PM via Kickstarter. They had a bit of a backlog due to the holidays, but should reply sooner or later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Burgess
United Kingdom
Chichester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
temujen72 wrote:
I haven't played the game yet. Are you saying that the scratches on the hex piece won't cause it to be marked during play? From what I saw they are placed upside down with that side showing. I'd like to replace the dial. Being off center tweaks my OCD. LOL!

mattpburgess wrote:

Totally get where you're coming from regarding the wheel.

Regarding the hex piece, however, they are stacked, and are turned over when they become relevant, otherwise don't matter.

Technically an argument could be made that if that hex appears at the top of the pile, you'll know one of the hexes that is being turned over in the next round, but First Player still gets to choose first, and First Player is decided at the start of that round.

TL/DR: It should have very little (I'd argue no) effect to your gameplay

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Iwanczuk

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the feedback. I submitted a request to Alley Cat Games, but it's good to see if it isn't approved the damaged hex won't affect gameplay much. That was my initial fear.

mattpburgess wrote:

Totally get where you're coming from regarding the wheel.

Regarding the hex piece, however, they are stacked, and are turned over when they become relevant, otherwise don't matter.

Technically an argument could be made that if that hex appears at the top of the pile, you'll know one of the hexes that is being turned over in the next round, but First Player still gets to choose first, and First Player is decided at the start of that round.

TL/DR: It should have very little (I'd argue no) effect to your gameplay
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Terrell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I requested replacements and got the following response...
"After looking at your photos again today, I can see that the tollerences are still within the 4mm allowance."

I'm not impressed with this response at all.

Whenever I have had a component issues with other games (retail or kickstarter), I have always found the publishers to be helpful and they have replaced components in a timely manner without question.

I do not believe quality of the punched components I have received reflect the "Deluxe Edition" Name or the price point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.