HATE» Forums » General

Subject: Anyone else wish they had gotten the trees? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lonny Vega
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
I really wish I could of grabbed the trees, art book, and the terrain as well. But I would of had to have gotten 3 sets of them as I plan on running 3 different scenarios at a time with my group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought it all (maybe minus the art book) but we only got one set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pflug
Germany
Schwäbisch Gmünd
Baden Würtemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought one of each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ace hawkster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope,there's far better trees available, the terrain pieces looked cheap and nasty (imo) only thing I'm semi regretting is not getting huts , oh and I never get the artbook and those seem to be what goes for silly monies on eBay so maybe I'll learn my lesson on that score one day
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Boxshall
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
acehawkster1973 wrote:
Nope,there's far better trees available, the terrain pieces looked cheap and nasty

I bought it all, apart from Battlegrounds of Hate, as it will mostly be my son and I playing this.

I thought the trees, huts and terrain looked pretty good actually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ace hawkster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CabVol wrote:
acehawkster1973 wrote:
Nope,there's far better trees available, the terrain pieces looked cheap and nasty

I bought it all, apart from Battlegrounds of Hate, as it will mostly be my son and I playing this.

And that's why I said imo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Duran
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
acehawkster1973 wrote:
CabVol wrote:
acehawkster1973 wrote:

I'm not following - if you/anyone caveats imo means no one else can express their opinion as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ace hawkster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gelaar wrote:
acehawkster1973 wrote:
CabVol wrote:
acehawkster1973 wrote:

I'm not following - if you/anyone caveats imo means no one else can express their opinion as well?

I'm not saying you can't have an opinion as well, you answered the op, but used a "part" of my reply to do so, I'm just clarifying the part you used was my opinion , hope you and your son enjoy when we get it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett Sampson
United States
Camas
Wa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had almost gotten the trees/terrain because of the completionist in me, but decided against it. I've considered almost taking this game off the map and playing it on open terrain, but we'll see. If anything else, I'll just 3d print some custom stuff for this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC MC
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I missed the boat on 3d terrain. Can you 3d print a 2nd copy? I'd sell you ny first born child when it happens. You can name him Steven. He'll be very handy around the house I'm guessing. Really good at readinh board game rules and packing/unpacking
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett Sampson
United States
Camas
Wa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mitchuation wrote:
I missed the boat on 3d terrain. Can you 3d print a 2nd copy? I'd sell you ny first born child when it happens. You can name him Steven. He'll be very handy around the house I'm guessing. Really good at readinh board game rules and packing/unpacking

DEAL! Haha
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kelly
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
I'm not fussed about the terrain etc, it's just more stuff to have to carry around, and I guessed it wouldn't fit in the box so I didn't bother with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oak Wolf
msg tools
mbmb
I think the huts are really nice, then the trees are decently made so they will fit. The plateaus...well we'll see. Overall i am still positive of my choice to back them. That said, if i carry the game to another place, then i'll use the cardboard terrain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kelly
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Looking at the images of terrain from backers who have received the game so far, I am happy I didn't bother grabbing it, they look even more cumbersome than I had imagined, I don't fancy lugging around all the game boxes and extra terrain boxes if I ever decide to play elsewhere. Plus I don't really like the design of the trees or the huts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
james herbby
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
RowleyBirkinQC wrote:
Looking at the images of terrain from backers who have received the game so far, I am happy I didn't bother grabbing it, they look even more cumbersome than I had imagined, I don't fancy lugging around all the game boxes and extra terrain boxes if I ever decide to play elsewhere. Plus I don't really like the design of the trees or the huts.
Yeah, I was not a fan of the huts either. The trees were fine, and the plateau were just huge.

Just thinking about even trying to travel with 3 sets was just driving me crazy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.