Subject: Plea rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Moxham
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mb
This is a rather shameless appeal for assistance.

In another thread, where I posted stats for my game NECNON, I mentioned a desire to test the viability of a version where both move protocols were in use, but on opposite sides of the conflict.

I’ve raised this with Stephen Tavener, whose engine I’ve been using for trialling, but having already put a considerable amount of his time into NECNON his very reasonable request was “Please add yourself to the AiAi queue and gather some thumbs if you want higher priority.”

Taking him at his word, I’ve added NECNON here (entry #11, Page 1) and am now duly soliciting thumbs to enable me to complete my investigation. I fully appreciate that this amounts to organised queue-jumping, my only (rather lame) excuse being that it’s not a whole new game I’m seeking, but only an addition to an existing implementation. I do hope, though, that the proposed variation might be of some general interest to this community since if viable I think it would be a rare example (and I’m open to correction on that) of an asymmetric means to a symmetric goal.

I throw myself upon your collective goodwill.

RM

PS All this with particular apologies to Christian Freeling, whose Dameo currently heads the waiting list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
christian freeling
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
mocko wrote:

PS All this with particular apologies to Christian Freeling, whose Dameo currently heads the waiting list.

No need to apologise (for what actually, I wonder). I knew Dameo was somewhere up there and I'm glad it now tops the list. It's one that matters to me and hopefully to many. Stephen's work is really admirable!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Moxham
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mb
christianF wrote:
mocko wrote:

No need to apologise (for what actually, I wonder).

I suppose because, although I admire Dameo very much, in effect I'm asking people, however temporarily, to kick it off top spot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Moxham
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mb

Just to say a warm thank-you to The Player of Games and to eobllor, for thumbing NECNON in the geeklist.

As I've indicated above, I'm fundamentally uncomfortable about resorting to this sort of special pleading, since obviously in the grand scheme of things no-one's more important than anyone else.

But I just can't see how otherwise I can get to execute the 40,000 trial runs it will take to complete my testing of what seems potentially quite a significant game.

Anyway, thanks again guys. I'm very grateful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
christian freeling
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
mocko wrote:
christianF wrote:
mocko wrote:

I suppose because, although I admire Dameo very much, in effect I'm asking people, however temporarily, to kick it off top spot.

My guess is that Dameo will survive that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Moxham
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mb
christianF wrote:
mocko wrote:
christianF wrote:
mocko wrote:

My guess is that Dameo will survive that

Yes, I'm absolutely sure it will (assuming that you mean survive the attack on its chart position, rather than survive my admiration ).

But have you noticed that, having been static at 14 thumbs for quite a while now, it's suddenly risen to 16 since yesterday? Maybe I've done it an indirect favour by drawing attention to it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Moxham
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mb

Thank you, majormajor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.