Subject: Which dice types can be used by other players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve S
United States
Morgantown
West Virginia
flag msg tools
I am not clear as to which dice types can be used by players other than the one who actually rolled the die. The rules, as far as I can tell, aren't explicit, though there are several hints here and there. For instance:

Grappling Hook: "Heroes not on those levels (i.e. those affected by the Titan action) cannot spend these symbols to aid another Hero." is self-explanatory-you can only share a grappling hook with another player if you are collocated with him.

Tactics: These must be shared: they are used to change tactics cards, and counter Titan's actions. So, to counter a Titan action, I assume that one red and one blue Tactics symbol die could be used.

But with just about everything else, there is no explicit statement, so I am forced to guess. Could I spend one of my own Move dice to allow a fellow player to move? Perhaps only if we are colocated at the start of the move? Or perhaps not at all? Cannons: the rules state that Heroes must be on the tower to spend them, but nothing says whether such Heroes can spend only their own dice, dice of others only if colocated, or any cannon dice. Similar with the 'stabbing' dice face. etc etc.

So rather than give extra examples: it would be helpful to see an overall rule as to whether dice are usable by other players, and under what circumstances they are.

Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ariel
Chile
Vina del Mar
V. Region
flag msg tools
badge
constantly thinking on variants to create and implement
mbmbmbmbmb
No, with exception of collective down-rigth corner Tactics requirement, and tactic symbols in titan cards, all other die faces are individually used. That being said, trigger character actions and avoid titan actions are personal things. The only one who can give dice to others is Eren.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve S
United States
Morgantown
West Virginia
flag msg tools
"No, with exception of collective down-rigth corner Tactics requirement, and tactic symbols in titan cards, all other die faces are individually used. That being said, trigger character actions and avoid titan actions are personal things. The only one who can give dice to others is Eren."

That seems logical and reasonable, but how do you know? Particularly given the example I mentioned: grappling hooks are allowed to be shared if the players are colocated.

Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ariel
Chile
Vina del Mar
V. Region
flag msg tools
badge
constantly thinking on variants to create and implement
mbmbmbmbmb
SDawg wrote:
That seems logical and reasonable, but how do you know? Particularly given the example I mentioned: grappling hooks are allowed to be shared if the players are colocated.

Just to tactics, which are collective. This is not correct to titan attacks.

EDIT: I checked the rules, It is stated on 7-8 pages, each type is described, collective and individual basis are mentioned, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.