Meltwater: A Game of Tactical Starvation» Forums » General

Subject: Black Discs “Tearing” when punched out rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Did anyone else have an issue where the wooden black discs for their game didn’t come out of the punchboard cleanly? I would up with a lot of little edges that I had to break off, and this led to some of the painted wood tearing off the disc itself. I hadn’t seen anyone mention this so I figured I’d ask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
That definitely shouldn't be happening. If you haven't already, please send an email to Mary - hollandspiele at gmail dot com (pictures will help) - and we'll get this resolved.

To provide some context because a lot of people probably don't have punchboard discs and might be wondering what the heck is going on: we ran out of our German-manufactured wooden discs a couple days into the December sale, and our re-up wasn't expected to arrive prior to sometime this month (probably in the next couple of weeks?). We initially were going to stop taking orders for Meltwater, but being that it's a strong seller and it made sense to keep selling it, especially during the sale, our printing partner Blue Panther came up with this alternative of painted punchboard discs to tide us over until then (as we mentioned on the game's page).

As I said, please send us an email. We'll either have Blue Panther send you a new sheet or, if you don't mind waiting a little, we'll have him send you a bag of our German-made discs (no punching required!) once they've arrived.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Denison
United States
Ames
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a similar issue but I managed to punch them in a way that tore the board and not the disks. No need for replacements but yeah I did have some of that as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.