Hide
6 Posts

South China Sea» Forums » General

Subject: This ruleset would make a great conversion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Lee
msg tools

(there is no equivalent "underwater" U rating in BSG)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Pratuch
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amusing idea. Was there a serious point here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Lee
msg tools
nope. Just using my dipping sonar to see if there are any other battlestar fans out there. I've been looking for years for a good BSG fleet combat game or a game I can convert into BSG but have thus far not found one. I purchased SCS for a completely different reason (I think its the only game on the market for this soon to be on the news flashpoint and I find this return to naval competition and great power struggle fascinating); however, now that I think it about it would make a great conversion. I'll probably make the conversion myself, test it with my players, and post it if the conversion is any good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M St
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Interesting. I thought this was a quite bland system with little finesse in play, such as it had was provided by multiple unit types, minor range variations, and the various nationalities, which you're not going to have in a BSG context. But whatever, it is not a "fleet combat" game. It is an operational game where "fleet combat" is essentially one or at best two engagements (exchanges of strikes) before one side cuts out - this is all that would happen in a BSG context before one fleet jumps away. A "fleet combat game" that covers one or two turns seems a mismatch to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian McCue
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Parthicus wrote:
purchased SCS for a completely different reason (I think its the only game on the market for this soon to be on the news flashpoint...

There are some others, not all still in print:
Breaking the Chains: War in the South China Sea
Fleets 2025: East China Sea
Red Dragon Rising: The Coming War With China
Red Dragon / Green Crescent
Red Dragon Falling

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Lee
msg tools
recommendations on better systems for conversion would be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.