Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aerol Bibat
Philippines
Taguig
Metro Manila
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What sizes do sleeves most boardgames use? I'm planning to bulk buy a lot of card sleeves and I want to just buy the generally popular card sleeve sizes so that I can just buy 500 or 1000 of each to be sure that I'll always have some stock.

What are the three or four most popular boardgame card sizes so that I can just bulk buy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Suzanne K
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems the most common is 2.5x3.5. Just do your research before you buy, because some sleeves come a bit too big (ahem Ultrapro ahem).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
aerolb wrote:
What sizes do sleeves most boardgames use? I'm planning to bulk buy a lot of card sleeves and I want to just buy the generally popular card sleeve sizes so that I can just buy 500 or 1000 of each to be sure that I'll always have some stock.

What are the three or four most popular boardgame card sizes so that I can just bulk buy?

There are many threads and resources that will help you ID the correct sizes.

Card Sleeve Sizes for Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Pollard
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on personal experience (but this is just relevant to the games I own, of course), the most common sleeve sizes are:

64mmx89mm
45mmx68mm
57mmx89mm
60mmx92mm

If this query is related to the Paladin kickstarter, then those sizes are Percival, Arthur, Gawain and Tristan respectively.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucien Pretl
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered a large amount via the SleeveKings kickstarter.,
Looking at my games (and those I've got coming(curse you KS), the ones I ordered the most of were;
Mini Euro(45 x 68),Std USA Chimera(57.5 x 89) & Poker(63.5 x 88).
Have a look on their kickstarter page and see from the list of games which ones you are thinking of purchasing soon and adjust your list accordingly.
I bought lots of large square ones for The 7th Continent so I don't have to work out which cards (action, state, terrain...) to sleeve. I'll do the lot, at $1.80 a pack angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Dienz
United States
Shelburne
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, it can really differ. You better look through the games you want to sleeve and determine how many packs and which size you will need then. This geeklist is tremendously helpful for that: https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/164572/card-sleeve-sizes-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Klapste
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that Geeklist rocks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The sizes I use the most are...
- 64mm x 89mm
- 57mm x 89mm
- 45mm x 68mm
- 41mm x 63mm

I don't sleeve all my games though. And the mini card sizes are less likely sleeved.

When I bulk order, I get...
- 200 mini sleeves (both sizes)
- 500 of the 57x89
- 750-1000 of the 64x89
- Just enough of any sleeves that fall outside these sizes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.