2 Posts

Pacific Tide: The United States Versus Japan, 1941-45» Forums » Rules

Subject: Retreats rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chester Loeffler-Bell
msg tools
Hi:

The game arrived yesterday.....one I have been waiting for a while, so I can satisfy that Pacific Theater itch.

Anyway, regarding retreats which can occur after a Naval action. What qualifies as a Naval action? An attack that involves Fleets only? Or an attack with just Naval Air? Or an attack with combined Fleets and any air? Or something else?

This a cool game.

Thanks.

Chester
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Smith
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Chester,
Any attack that involves Fleets (with or without CV or Land based support) is a "Naval Action" for the purposes of triggering the retreat rule.

Obviously a carrier strike is a "naval action" in reality, but in the game, basically the fleets need to be shooting at each other in the same area in order to get one or the other to retreat (or want to retreat.)

There is also retreat before combat, when you move a force into an area and the (typically) inferior force decides to bug out so they don't have to fight a naval action.

Glad to hear you think it's cool! I'll take it

I hope that explains,
Greg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.