Subject: Odd request: what is TitE’s map hex/ counter size? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alek P.
msg tools
badge
Bork Bork Bork :3
mbmbmb
Still waiting for mine, but I have just finished a massive 49” by 48” magnetic wall map board specifically for this game (well, other games too, while I am idling).

Now starting to tinker on magnetic counter stack holders, and knowing the size of each hex would be helpful on how big a magnet I can use without adjacent magnets getting too close to one another (and thus sticking together, rather than staying put on the wall).

Also, for counter stack holders, I would like to get an idea of how big the unit counters are as well. This way holders can accomodate every kind of counter combination.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard III
United Kingdom
MILTON KEYNES
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From straight hex edge to the opposite straight hex side the distance is 15/16 of an inch (or marginlly less than 2.5cm. I hope that helps. The hexes do not show the middle of the straight edges, just the angles.

The main counters are 8/10 of an inch side to side. Note though that are all manner of shapes and sizes for other counters and markers.

I hope this answers your questions.

These are my measurements of course and not 'official'.

Quick but kind regrds,
Richard III [aka 'Knyfe']
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alek P.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Much obliged. Hex-wise, I think I am good now, but I do need bit more info on the map counters.

I assume, HQs are the biggest? How big is the biggest? I want to make a universal counter holder which can be used in any situation, so I really need to know the maximum size of the counters that may end up on the map at any point.

Now that I think of it, thickness of the counters would be critical to know as well, so that I can get an idea of how big the lip of each holder needs to be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott de Brestian
United States
Mt. Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Note the game comes with two sets of HQ counters -- if the big circular ones are too large, you can always use the smaller square counters.

Per the rules the large units are .75", the medium .65" and the small .55".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

I think they ended up being printed slightly larger than that. Somebody with a ruler can measure them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alek P.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Alan Emrich wrote:
Quote:

I think they ended up being printed slightly larger than that. Somebody with a ruler can measure them.

Whoever may be gracious enough to do this, please give me an indication of thickness as well (ideally, in metric).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Atkins
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Imaginary Star wrote:
Alan Emrich wrote:
Quote:

Whoever may be gracious enough to do this, please give me an indication of thickness as well (ideally, in metric).

Just found my ruler.
The large units are 20mm, the medium 17.5mm and the small 15mm. All are 2mm thick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alek P.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
atkinsst wrote:
Imaginary Star wrote:
Alan Emrich wrote:
Quote:

Just found my ruler.
The large units are 20mm, the medium 17.5mm and the small 15mm. All are 2mm thick.

PERFECT! How big can the stacks get?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that one. 3 Ground units, plus markers (maybe, at most, 3 of those). If you include Air units added (temporarily) to a Battle hex, that could get ugly...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alek P.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Alan Emrich wrote:
I know that one. 3 Ground units, plus markers (maybe, at most, 3 of those). If you include Air units added (temporarily) to a Battle hex, that could get ugly...

For air, I would slap on an additional mag holder next to it, so that's not an issue.

I may have resolved my stacking problem entirely with stacking magnetic holders, but I have to test it first before I call it a success. Either way, I might still make a few large capacity holders for "I'm gonna summon an entire Luftwaffe on top of this poor counter" situations.

Either way, that would make 3+3x2= 12mm thickness max needed. Seem that stackable holders would be a much more practical solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Lewis
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"But first, the children ought to be fed." -- Virginia Held (1980) from "Property, Profits, and Economic Justice"
mbmbmbmbmb
Are we talking about "standard" map sizes: roughly 22" x 34" for each of the four maps?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alek P.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
TCLCATSPAW8MCHS wrote:
Are we talking about "standard" map sizes: roughly 22" x 34" for each of the four maps?

TITE grand map is composed of two standard maps, and two "half" maps (17" by 22").

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.