Anti Monitor
msg tools
new user
Here you have a BLACK CANARY hero card, complete with tokens and custom rules .

Hero Card corrected and Hero Back Card (sideways):

Hero Token (Game size and custom pieces) / Hero Energy Token (Check rules below):

Please click the Spoiler here to read the English character rules and/or get them in a neat PDF here in English or Spanish language.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Following is a description of the actions Black Canary can do in her turn:

Hand-to-Hand Combat: Black Canary can use her dexterity as a Martial Artist to attack hand-to-hand, inflicting 2 dice +1 damage points. She can disengage from combat after attacking, jumping back one square. She can also divide the attack damage between all the enemies adjacent to her position.

Sonic Scream: Black Canary can spend her 2 energy tokens to use her Sonic Scream, in two different ways:

Projected Sonic Scream: By spending one of her two energy tokens, Black Canary can project her Sonic Scream 4 squares away. This attack inflicts 1 Dice +3 damage points to the enemy, or in the case or a damageable object (a building or a car), the attack inflicts 1 damage point, and a Broken Wall token is put on the wall or the vehicle (The same way when a building or a car are hit).

Area Sonic Scream: By spending her two energy tokens at once, Black Canary can use her Sonic Scream within an area 3 squares wide around the square she is over, with the following effects:

- Black Canary can't move in her turn.
- Every character within the effect area can't move nor attack until the end of the round.
- Every character within the effect area (Heroes, villains, henchmen, etc.) receive 1 Dice +1 damage points. Also, every building and/or car within the effect area will receive 1 damage point.
- For the rest of the round, every character entering the effect area will have his/her movement halted, being also unable to attack, and will receive similarly 1 Dice +1 damage points.
- When every character has had his/her turn that round, all characters within the effect area will receive again 1 Dice +1 damage points, and all the area objects will also receive 1 damage point (applying any demolishing/explosion effects, etc.)
- An enemy outside the effect area can distance attack Black Canary during that round. If so, Black Canary receives the corresponding damage, her Scream attack stops, and every inmobilized character can act freely the rest of the round.

Black Canary recovers her energy tokens like so:

- After spending 1 token (Projected Scream): Black Canary recovers the token at the end of the current round.
- After spending 2 tokens (Area Scream): Black Canary recovers one token at the end of the next two rounds (thus recovering the 2 tokens in 2 rounds), but she cannot use her Scream again until having back the 2 Tokens (This representing the character's voice fatigue, and forbidding her to use her attack until fully recovered.)

The point is, Black Canary can use her "Sonic Scream" as a normal ranged attack but also it can last one entire game round, damaging every character and/or object in the area of effect.

Of course I had to get all this out of the top of my head to create the character so it's not written in stone... Please comment-like-dislike!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Finn

CLACKAMAS
Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Black Canary Hero Card (Hero template test this time...)
I like this, especially her area of effect attack!

Question, why only have the attacks against terrain features be 1 damage, why not the same damage?

Another question, will the sonic scream take down 1 piece in a wall or every piece in a wall within range? I'm assuming 1 section of a wall within range, otherwise he screams would auto take down buildings

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anti Monitor
msg tools
new user
Re: Black Canary Hero Card *** UPDATED*** (Hero template test this time...)
Glad you liked it, E101 and guys!

I just have re-uploaded a slightly corrected version... I'm afraid the character wouldn't have worked because of having such a low initiative blush. She would have acted just before Batman - Some lasting scream effect, huh ? Now with an initiative of 6 the char makes more sense...

I've checked the damage too, so she now makes a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 8 damage points to everybody with her Sonic Scream area effect thing.

As for the damage against obstacles, I think that, as by the rules, when you hit a wall or a car you just "hit" them for one hole at a time (And the buildings go down with 4/3 hits, and the cars will explode with 2 hits, and all that). That or I´ll better rename Dinah as "Demolition Woman" So, yes, she would break just 1 wall piece or 1 half car each time she screams.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.