Gladiator Posse
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Refined at the intersection of the 80's and 90's
badge
www.DrudgeReport.com
mbmbmbmbmb

Poll: Quick poll for fun: Where are Keyforge players gravitating from?
What other collectible games have you regularly played casually?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Cardfight-Vanguard
0.5% 1
DiceMasters
12.1% 26
Magic: The Gathering
47.4% 102
Pokemon
9.3% 20
Star Wars: Destiny
13.5% 29
Super Dragon BallZ
0.0% 0
Transformers TCG
2.3% 5
VS System
4.7% 10
Warhammer Age of Sigmar
2.8% 6
Yu-Gi-Oh!
5.6% 12
OTHER
29.8% 64
NONE
33.5% 72
Voters 215
What other collectible games have you regularly played competitively/organized play?
Cardfight-Vanguard
0.0% 0
DiceMasters
3.8% 8
26.3% 55
Pokemon
1.9% 4
3.8% 8
Super Dragon BallZ
0.0% 0
Transformers TCG
0.0% 0
VS System
1.0% 2
Warhammer Age of Sigmar
0.0% 0
Yu-Gi-Oh!
1.9% 4
OTHER
13.4% 28
NONE
60.8% 127
Voters 209
What Living Card Games do you own and/or play?
Android: Netrunner
32.5% 69
Arkham Horror: The Card Game
34.4% 73
Game of Thrones
12.7% 27
Legend of the Five Rings
9.0% 19
Lord of the Rings
25.0% 53
Star Wars: The Card Game
9.0% 19
OTHER
13.2% 28
NONE
33.5% 71
Voters 212
Which of the following has Keyforge replaced or do you anticipate Keyforge replacing as an actively collected/played game?
Cardfight-Vanguard
0.0% 0
DiceMasters
4.9% 10
18.4% 38
Pokemon
1.0% 2
6.3% 13
Super Dragon BallZ
0.0% 0
Transformers TCG
1.9% 4
VS System
0.5% 1
Warhammer Age of Sigmar
0.0% 0
Yu-Gi-Oh!
1.0% 2
Android: Netrunner
6.3% 13
Arkham Horror: The Card Game
1.9% 4
Game of Thrones
2.4% 5
Legend of the Five Rings
2.9% 6
Lord of the Rings
0.0% 0
Star Wars: The Card Game
1.9% 4
OTHER
6.3% 13
NONE
66.0% 136
Voters 206
This poll is now closed.   215 answers
Poll created by gladiator_posse
Closes: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:00 am
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Keyforge has mostly killed Hero Realms for me. Casual Magic: The Gathering and Shards of Infinity have survived.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terrence Miltner

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KeyForge has stolen quite a bit of my attention away from Star Realms and Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game. And certainly has me thinking much longer about any board games I might back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gladiator Posse
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Refined at the intersection of the 80's and 90's
badge
www.DrudgeReport.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah...I should have had Star Realms on the LCG list. That's a good one. I only played it digitally (same with Magic actually).

I was thinking about half the hype/interest in KeyForge was just associated with the name of the designer...lots of "Nones" though so it seems like it's bringing in a lot of people who haven't played collectibles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Chenery
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
FIRST WIN
mbmbmbmbmb
I count Hearthstone as a CCG pretty much. Although I wouldn't say KF replaced it but boardgames in general replaced it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gladiator_posse wrote:
Ah...I should have had Star Realms on the LCG list. That's a good one. I only played it digitally (same with Magic actually).

I was thinking about half the hype/interest in KeyForge was just associated with the name of the designer...lots of "Nones" though so it seems like it's bringing in a lot of people who haven't played collectibles.

I play Star Realms quite a bit with coworkers. If KF had an app, then I could see Star Realms being replaced by KF.

I haven't played with my physical copy of Star Realms in a long time because I've got Keyforge and board games.

I think the lack of deck construction makes keyforge easier to get into for board game players. I am not at all interested in any LCGs or TCGs. Star Realms and Keyforge feel more like board games to me (if that makes sense).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse M
msg tools
msaari wrote:
Keyforge has mostly killed Hero Realms for me. Casual Magic: The Gathering and Shards of Infinity have survived.

My group alternates between keyforge and shards of infinity as well! most of the time depends on the number of people that show up but we have dabbled inn 3 player keyforge haha. shards is quite a different game so keyforge won't be replacing that one at my table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
My desire to play Keyforge has eclipsed my desire to play most anything else at the moment. I have mostly been a board-gamer and traditional card games player. Zero CCGs or LCGs. I would never have pegged Star Realms as an LCG, but I enjoy Star Realms and other similar deck-building games. I really cannot say whether Keyforge could replace something I haven't played, but if I could only have one game to play, I don't think it would be Keyforge...despite being what I most want to be playing atm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Jacobsen
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
who longs for oolong
badge
You are excrement. You can change yourself into gold.
mbmbmbmbmb
Though there was a bit of a delay (I quit L5R months before this came out) it as certainly filled the competitive LCG gap that I was seeking. Most of my casual L5R crew has converted (more or less) over to Keyforge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Perez
United States
Terrell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Keyforge can't replace any competitive CCG/LCG for me. I honestly don't think the game suits competitive play well.

For casual play though, it's excellent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrick C
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The collectable games I was into was more minis. I played Heroclix, X-Wing, and Dice Masters.

Wings of Glory killed both of these for me as I was burnt out on list-building games. Or rather games where the game was won based on what you built in your list. Then metas develop and you keep seeing the same darn lists every day at the venues.

But once I saw that a collectable game didn't have to be a money pit and didn't have to be won based on money or how you built your team, but rather your skill, Keyforge popped out to me immediately.

So I think I'm done with any collectable games that makes you buy stuff to be better. I think we are only going to see more games like WoG and KF.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ravage Board Gaming
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. When I entered NONE for all the poll options, I thought it would be a small percentage of answers. Looks like I'm not alone in coming to Keyforge because of the pre-built nature of the decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stomski wrote:
Interesting. When I entered NONE for all the poll options, I thought it would be a small percentage of answers. Looks like I'm not alone in coming to Keyforge because of the pre-built nature of the decks.

same here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own some LCGs, but as I only own the base game each I didn't count them as "living"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
Surge1000 wrote:
Keyforge can't replace any competitive CCG/LCG for me. I honestly don't think the game suits competitive play well.
I would assume this↑ as well (having no experience with CCGs/LCGs). Competitive Keyforge is a bit of a grab bag experience, and has thus far been less enjoyable than playing casually. You just can't know how to prepare for what you'll face. Even if you could know your opponent's deck before selecting your own, you may not even own a deck that's likely to beat it.
Surge1000 wrote:
For casual play though, it's excellent.
Agreed. For casual play, it's fantastic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.