Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Slipko
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
After about 7 or 8 solo games, I have yet to see Oppression win. Am I just that good/lucky playing Justice or is Oppression designed to be the more difficult side?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Over the course of about 300 plays I've seen Oppression win about half the time.

- Short games favor Oppression more than long ones; a 6 turn game is more likely to be an Oppression victory and a 10 turn game more likely to be a Justice victory. This is because Justice often needs time to get going and to nudge opinion toward their side.

- Interactive games favor Oppression more than Justice. By which I mean that if Oppression doesn't interfere with Justice or oppose them, Oppression will lose the house - and thus their ability to pass laws - by turn 2 or 3. This kills Oppression's VP generation stone dead.

- The length of the game, and the interactivity of the game, will both depend to some degree on the card draws of course - and in general some games will be harder for Oppression and some games will be harder for Justice.

- Solo games tend to favor Justice over Oppression. Is it because people are rooting for Justice? Is it because the two sides require different play styles, and the player might be better suited for Justice than Oppression? Is it a case where a solo player blocks or doesn't block where when playing opposed their opponent will do the opposite? Heck if I know, but solo play can (depending on the solo player of course) lead to overlooked opportunities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.