BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Looking for Quick 1 vs 1 Games and Mechanics rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will Arbuckle
United States
California
flag msg tools
Hi Gamers! I'm looking for 1 v 1 games that can be played in under 5 minutes. Something like Connect 4 is a good example, but maybe you know others that are lesser known. Essentially anything that could be played 1 v 1 at a party that can be done quickly.

If you know of any mini games, side missions, or mechanics in other games that you know that could work as a 1 v 1 quick duel that could be great too.

These ideas can be strategic games, quick puzzles, or even physical games. Dr. Eureka is a great example of physical game that is along the lines of what I'm looking for as it can be turned into a duel easily.

Any ideas greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pentago

Enigma has 4 puzzle types with a bunch of puzzles for each type. So you could have the players each pick separate puzzle types and see who finishes first

Ubongo has 1 puzzle type but multiple sets of pieces, so you could have two players working on the same puzzle type (or even the same puzzle) at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Gunther Herzog
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cubeo

Think Hive with dice, and faster.

Also Amazons and Lines of Action

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LeeT
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
I've been watching you too, I promise not to keep you long, I'll keep you forever.
mbmbmbmbmb
Lost Cities
Dungeon Roll
Zombie Dice
5-Minute Dungeon
Can't Stop
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.