4 Posts

Morels: Foray» Forums » General

Subject: Compatibility of expansion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacob Holmqvist
Sweden
flag msg tools
I read that this is not compatible with Fungi, so is there any chance that there might be an expansion for the Fungi base game?

And a second question, would it work with Fungi if the cards are sleeved with a colored back? That is, is there anything else than differing backs that causes a problem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Darcy
Australia
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The question was asked on the kickstarter. It simply says "not compatible. We are in talks with Pegasus Spiele. Watch this space."

So I checked the sleeves section here. It appears the card size for Morels and Fungi is different, so it probably won't work. Certainly they list a different set of compatible sleeves
Item for Geeklist "Card Sleeve Sizes for Games"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Holmqvist
Sweden
flag msg tools
GregDarcy wrote:
The question was asked on the kickstarter. It simply says "not compatible. We are in talks with Pegasus Spiele. Watch this space."

So I checked the sleeves section here. It appears the card size for Morels and Fungi is different, so it probably won't work. Certainly they list a different set of compatible sleeves
Item for Geeklist "Card Sleeve Sizes for Games"

Well, looking at that list, they are close to same size. 63x92 or slightly larger sleeves would have room for both types of cards.

That would be the only issue right, knowing which set the card comes from, if they are not sleeved?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Holmqvist
Sweden
flag msg tools
I've looked at some pictures and will now give an answer to myself...

There might be problems with the front of cards too, Fungi uses the latin names and in some cases even a different mushroom. So adding more mushroom cards that are very different will be confusing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.