Gùgōng» Forums » Rules

Subject: Example for The Grand Canal rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Chang
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm trying to understand the first part of the example (blue box) in the manual for The Grand Canal section... it says:

Quote:

Sebastian places 2 Servants. He adds 1 Servant on 1 of his Ships in Harbour 2. He then adds a new Ship....He chooses to place his Ship in Harbour 3 and places 1 Servant on it.

Which action allows this?

Top action only allows +1 Servant +1 Ship, Bottom allows +2 Servants, neither allows +2 Servants +1 Ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Dionne
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure you can always add a ship on which to place a servant as a free action. It's moving a ship down the river that requires you to take the "top" action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
joechang wrote:
I'm trying to understand the first part of the example (blue box) in the manual for The Grand Canal section... it says:

Quote:

Sebastian places 2 Servants. He adds 1 Servant on 1 of his Ships in Harbour 2. He then adds a new Ship....He chooses to place his Ship in Harbour 3 and places 1 Servant on it.

Which action allows this?

Top action only allows +1 Servant +1 Ship, Bottom allows +2 Servants, neither allows +2 Servants +1 Ship.

Any time you add a servant to the canal, you can add a new ship to put them on.

The top action is +1 servant, +move one ship. The bottom action is +2 servants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Chang
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks guys for the clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.