Terraforming Mars: Colonies» Forums » Variants

Subject: New Venus Colonies tiles (fan made) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lee YuTsu
Taiwan
flag msg tools
HI!!!~~~

i design the VENUS colonies tile, anyone have any ideal??

I think may be can help Venus global parameter to used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Ross Spurgeon
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) I cannot understand the written English.

2) How about Venus instead of the Moon (pictured).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee YuTsu
Taiwan
flag msg tools
Spurge wrote:
1) I cannot understand the written English.

2) How about Venus instead of the Moon (pictured).

1) When you raise up the Venus global parameter, you can got the TR one step. but the Venus global parameter have maxed out, so that you still can got TR.

2) i used LUNA picture tiles to design, just test the Venus colonies tiles ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Kramer
South Korea
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks very powerful for a TR bump or bumps. I like the idea but I feel it needs some kind of extra payment like must pay extra MC or have to lose floaters or something to counter the power of the TR bumps.

Nice Idea though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BD
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bill90867 wrote:
HI!!!~~~

i design the VENUS colonies tile, anyone have any ideal??

I think may be can help Venus global parameter to used.

Very nice! If I may suggest the following:

Need a decent background image of Venus. This image is OK but you may find a better one elsewhere:

Font used on colony tile headings is Prototype. Download here:

https://www.dafont.com/prototype.font

Maybe add a bit of Venus theme info like the other colony tiles. Suggest the following or something similar:

'Often called Earth's sister planet, Venus is closest in size to the Earth and is the hottest planet in the solar system'

Info about Venus scale could be moved next to trade income and shorten to fit better:

If Venus track is at 30%, raise TR one step.

Maybe substitute Venus trade income from an increase on the Venus track to receiving a floater resource to add variation? Just a thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven St. John
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also if you redo the image of Venus, keep in mind that the picture of the worlds on all colony tiles use the same scale. Venus should be printed much larger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BD
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SJS1971 wrote:
Also if you redo the image of Venus, keep in mind that the picture of the worlds on all colony tiles use the same scale. Venus should be printed much larger.

Good point! Maybe one of these images may do and they are both roughly in the shape of a colony tile. What do you think Lee?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.