Mice and Mystics» Forums » Rules

Subject: Handful of questions, some specific to Ch 8 Seeking Sorrow rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Laskowski
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a handful of questions that I would like clarification on after playing through Chapter 8, Seeking Sorrow. I had a great battle to finish 7 (one of the most unlucky set of rolls every lead me to have three mice down and Filch running away/dodging from a surged centipede, throwing daggers for the last two hearts)

1. If a mouse is last on the initiative track and defeats the last minion, do we add a cheese to the wheel, pg 7, If there are no minions on the board after that last mouse has taken a turn, place 1 cheese token on the minion wheel. I am a bit torn on this, but have been placing the cheese.

2. Filch, Knife Strike ability, can you use a dagger and throwing daggers? Seems like a yes, because it says attacks once with each dagger or knife.

3. Can Filch use dodge on Brodie's pounce? I think no, since it is not a move????

Spoiler (click to reveal)
4. In Chapter 8, I had Miz Maggie story achievement and the levitation card. So I made it to the Kitchen, took the dinner tray to the King's Chamber and used levitation to make it to the bed in approximately 1 move? Largely anticlimactic, but seems right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Bowles
Australia
Tatura
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. yep, place a cheese. Though if it's the difference between fun and not, designer says do what's fun.

2. That's how i interpret Knife Strike. It's fun with different dagger types.

3. I think we played yes, but I'm not not certain it's right. I'd like ot hear more thoughts on this one.

4. Can't fault it, although it's been a while so i don't remember all the wording on those special scenario events.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teeka
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adding to Matt's response:

1. If you don't want this to happen, then wait until the first mouse's turn and have them deliver the final blow.
This is a good idea anyway, so you can make some searches before moving to the next tile.

3. I'd say no, as it's not a move but the result of a special ability.
Also, Brody is huge and 'pounce' kinda means he unexpectedly jumps on top of you.
Though I would be fine with someone ruling it the other way.

4. If there are no limitations in the chapter rules that say you need to do something else first (I haven't checked), then sure you can do this.
As you say though, you would be ruining the theme/story a bit for yourself by doing this. So I would probably ignore the possibility.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teeka wrote:
1. If you don't want this to happen, then wait until the first mouse's turn and have them deliver the final blow.
This is a good idea anyway, so you can make some searches before moving to the next tile.

Generally decent strategy, but maybe the Minion is first on the track? So assume you kind of want/need to kill him 'now'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teeka
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grarrrg wrote:
Teeka wrote:

Generally decent strategy, but maybe the Minion is first on the track? So assume you kind of want/need to kill him 'now'.

Sure, if that's the case then you kinda have to. (Unless you can get out of reach, or something.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.