Popular Tags: [View All]
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello! It is late and I am very tired, but here is the latest scenario!

The Horn of G'threbrax (http://www.cephalofair.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Horn.p...)
Printer friendly version (http://www.cephalofair.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/HornPF...)

Also, it seems like we get less engagement for the scenario polls, and I imagine it is because I post them on separate days, plus we're a day behind, so I'm just going to post the poll now. I'd put it in a spoiler tag, but that makes it hard to vote. Don't look until you've finished the scenario!

Poll
What do you do?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Follow Lys back into the realm of the Storm.
52.0% 103
Hurl yourself into the void.
48.0% 95
Voters 198
This poll is now closed.   198 answers
Poll created by Cephalofair
Closes: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:00 am
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul T.
United Kingdom
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If we sold the sword already, do we just do nothing? Honestly I can't see what else we'd do, but would be good to get a confirmation that this is intended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Tyson
msg tools
5hrike wrote:
If we sold the sword already, do we just do nothing? Honestly I can't see what else we'd do, but would be good to get a confirmation that this is intended.

We have also sold the Sword.
I think you have to play the scenario anyway so I am going to suggest we reduce the attack value of Lys down by 1 as she has 1 sword less when fighting.

Just assume you didn't give her the sword but were able to convince her to go and fight anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard McAteer
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Where does one sell the sword? The rules for the scenario say nothing about selling gear.

Quote:
Your level 1 characters will progress normally as you play through the
scenarios, gaining experience, loot, and checkmarks from battle goals. They may not necessarily be interacting
with a town in between scenarios, but they are always allowed to level up, buy items, or enhance abilities (if
that has been unlocked) in between if they have enough experience or money

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Epinephrine wrote:
Where does one sell the sword? The rules for the scenario say nothing about selling gear.

Quote:
Your level 1 characters will progress normally as you play through the
scenarios, gaining experience, loot, and checkmarks from battle goals. They may not necessarily be interacting
with a town in between scenarios, but they are always allowed to level up, buy items, or enhance abilities (if
that has been unlocked) in between if they have enough experience or money

Let's put it differently then: what if you never looted the treasure tile? I have it, but some other don't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard McAteer
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Good question

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Like the previous community-driven campaigns, there is one "canon" play through, determined by the votes from the community. An overwhelming majority of groups looted the sword from the snakedragon, so it is now part of the story that everybody has it.

Since the Special Rules for this scenario are
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Lose Item 78, then it doesn't really matter if you never had it or you sold it. You definitely don't have it now, doubly so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Cephalofair wrote:
Also, it seems like we get less engagement for the scenario polls

I suspect this might be partly due to people who are following along but not actually playing. I did it with Capital Intrigue when I got behind by a couple scenarios. I'd still vote on the in-between stuff, but I wouldn't vote on the scenario choices because I hadn't played them yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From which modifier deck does Lys draw?

Spoiler for section 1:

If it is the monster modifier deck and she gets cursed, do you add a curse to the monster modifier deck?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
Like the previous community-driven campaigns, there is one "canon" play through, determined by the votes from the community. An overwhelming majority of groups looted the sword from the snakedragon, so it is now part of the story that everybody has it.

Lose Item 78, then it doesn't really matter if you never had it or you sold it. You definitely don't have it now, doubly so.

This.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
DraedGhawl wrote:

Spoiler for section 1:

If it is the monster modifier deck and she gets cursed, do you add a curse to the monster modifier deck?

She draws from any character deck you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timon Bakker
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Cephalofair wrote:
DraedGhawl wrote:

Spoiler for section 1:

She draws from any character deck you want.

Thanks for issuing a ruling on that. We had found it very frustrating in earlier scenarios that the Diviner’s curses would get drawn by our allies.

Where it’s possible to push monsters off map tiles can the Diviner also Teleport them off? I appreciate the rules state valid hex so we haven’t been playing that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul T.
United Kingdom
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cephalofair wrote:
Dexter345 wrote:

This.

Excellent.

Note to self: make all future choices based on the principle of "do the opposite of what those other suckers the masses will choose" to maximise newly discovered canon-defying-selfish-profit principle.

devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Birglendis
msg tools
mbmbmb
Me: I should probably play this scenario before voting.

Also me: The void beckons!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
https://allthatsinteresting.com/call-of-the-void
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, because of the holidays I missed to play the last 2 scenarios
Hopefully I manage to play them soon
But I still voted on the other stuff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Fung
United States
Westbury
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We are depress now. Playing two players moon and sun class. Played twice on hard and once on normal. We got overwhelmed each time and only gotten passed the second room once.

It seems like Isaac engineered the entire campaign against this combination of classes because

Moon spoiler
no push cards, his frequent invisibility in a 2 player campaign mean the other player takes ALL damage. At one point, the sun took 12 hits! Even without invisibility, his low hp makes him puny

Sun spoiler
also no push, tank and healing can only do so much. Most heal cards are exhauste cards so she exhauste very quickly if not played carefully. No matter how much shield she has, being hit over 5 times a turn will not last.

We don’t know what to do. We plan to play easy mode next but without the key ability, we are still getting overwhelmed quickly.

Any suggestions?

Cephalofair wrote:
Hello! It is late and I am very tired, but here is the latest scenario!

The Horn of G'threbrax (http://www.cephalofair.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Horn.p...)
Printer friendly version (http://www.cephalofair.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/HornPF...)

Also, it seems like we get less engagement for the scenario polls, and I imagine it is because I post them on separate days, plus we're a day behind, so I'm just going to post the poll now. I'd put it in a spoiler tag, but that makes it hard to vote. Don't look until you've finished the scenario!

Poll
What do you do?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Follow Lys back into the realm of the Storm.
52.0% 103
Hurl yourself into the void.
48.0% 95
Voters 198
This poll is now closed.   198 answers
Poll created by Cephalofair
Closes: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:00 am
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Fung
United States
Westbury
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally passed it on easy. Very exhausted and completely by luck since spawn cards were not drawn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lurie
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tmf2115 wrote:
Finally passed it on easy. Very exhausted and completely by luck since spawn cards were not drawn.

For the first time in over 50 scenarios (mix of main campaign, this campaign and the last community campaign) and at least 120 actual games, allowing for second and third attempts, we voted not even to play through to getting exhausted. At the end of round 10 (when we were about to read section 2) we had one exhausted character, and two who were absolutely useless from that point onwards, with one of them (two-mini) about to exhaust.

For also the first time, we refused to try again, even in a week. It is the only scenario that we hate more than the damn ooze Forest thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Eckhardt
msg tools
We have failed three times so far as Sun and Angry Face on normal. The only time we got close was due to limited spawns being pulled. Quite a scenario when you have no easy push.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Just finished on our first attempt (on +1 difficulty). I loved this one.

The theme of shooting up into the sky on a growing horn was cool, and the execution of the battlefield shrinking over time was fun.

Brute/Spellweaver/Mindthief. As Spellweaver, I haven't had many target-rich scenarios to really flex her capabilities. That said, I burned out about 2/3 of the way through.
Right around the time Lys made it to the middle of the room and it started to shoot up into the sky.

Brute has a lot of Push, but that player didn't bring any of them (because it's not obvious from the initial rules how important it would be). Mindthief has her one Push, which she used quite a bit.

We finished with Spellweaver exhausted 2/3 of the way through, Mindthief exhausted by the end, and Brute sitting on four or so cards in hand/discard. One of those scenarios where it really feels like you're going to lose, but then you win.

We probably got lucky a few times, with Stone Golems drawing the Retaliate (no Attack) when we weren't planning on hitting it anyway, and Deep Terrors drawing their line attack (which is easy to avoid since it goes so late in the round). Deep Terrors never summoned for us.

But we had an unlucky start, where it seemed like they were drawing exactly the cards they needed to foil our plans, so it might even out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Northrup
United States
Greenwich
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My first loss ever. Running 2 characters, brute and 5 circles.
I thought I was going to make it until I read "when all enemies are killed" Brute exhausted and the fresh golem took out lys on the 2nd turn after he spawned. Circles was going to exhaust next round, So close!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Birglendis
msg tools
mbmbmb
What a tough scenario, but great progression ideas. Our faith in being able to finish this was about as shaky as
the floor,
but we pulled it off. I think we got lucky since Deep Terrors didn't spawn more -- scenarios where monsters have spawn cards are really dicey.
Bring all your push cards, and treat them as insta-kills. If you don't have those, keep everything on the outer edge.

Lys has been trouble the whole time, and she stole my sword. Excuse me while I kiss the sky somersault into the void.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ftl ftw
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Come on guys! We worked so hard to escape the storm and the lights. Don't go back!

They'll all betray us back there anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Steff
Australia
Hurlstone Park
NSW
flag msg tools
Great Scenario! By far the most cinematic game I've played yet.

Also, this is shaping up to be a great story! For good or ill, there's _NO WAY_ I'm aborting before I get to see how it ends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.