Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luke O'Hearn
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has GW released all the expansions yet? Including the mini expansions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not to my knowledge, cause I would have bought the 2 moni expansions I need.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, They've only (re)rereleased the Main game, and 6 of the expansions, and those were all at the same time.

I have not heard/saw anything about them continuing reprints, nor stopping.

They did announce four 'spin-off' games, of which the first are out already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nugent
United Kingdom
Rugby
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We're still waiting on The Dungeon, Woodlands and Highlands big box expansions - which is a shame as I really want The Dungeon!

Edit: Woodlands was actually available in the re-release.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathias van butsele
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pheonom wrote:
We're still waiting on The Dungeon, Woodlands and Highlands big box expansions - which is a shame as I really want The Dungeon!

Got the Dungeon for 15€. *cough*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pheonom wrote:

Woodlands was in the first batch of Games Workshop though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
crimhead wrote:
Has GW released all the expansions yet? Including the mini expansions?

The official list is on GW's website:

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-WW/talisman

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nugent
United Kingdom
Rugby
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grarrrg wrote:
Pheonom wrote:

Woodlands was in the first batch of Games Workshop though.
So it was!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Qwerty Cat
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if Timescape will ever be made for 4th edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke O'Hearn
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cats 4 Mice wrote:
Does anyone know if Timescape will ever be made for 4th edition?

Nobody knows that except possibly GW.

outside of digital, we don't even know if any new content will be made for 4th edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nugent
United Kingdom
Rugby
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
crimhead wrote:
outside of digital, we don't even know if any new content will be made for 4th edition.
I think we're at the stage now where a 5th edition is more likely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pheonom wrote:
crimhead wrote:
I think we're at the stage now where a 5th edition is more likely.

If that's the case, then I'm gonna have a really hard time upgrading to a new edition. I hope, if this happens that they offer an upgrade kit for 4th Edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Halborn wrote:
If that's the case, then I'm gonna have a really hard time upgrading to a new edition. I hope, if this happens that they offer an upgrade kit for 4th Edition.

Given how Editions seems to be going they will have an Upgrade Kit.
It will be called "just buy the 5th edition version of the game".'

More seriously...
If they keep things similar enough that an Upgrade Kit would even be feasible, then they're better off just making more 4th edition stuff.
If they make a full-on 5th edition, then don't expect anything to be backwards compatible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m hoping they stick with 4th Edition as I’m so invested in it, then again I skipped 2nd to 4th so I’m guessing I’ll be upgrading to 6th Edition in 2030! If they do continue with 4th Edition I’d probably buy new material although I was lucky enough to pick up most of remaining expansions cheap when they closed the licence to ffg down.

I wouldn’t buy a 5th Edition and if it appeared guess it would be age of Sigmar themed which I wouldn’t be interested in compared to the generic fantasy setting. However if you want that there’s always relic!!

Since FFG relinquished licence they’ve had the core game and (some) expansions in Warhammer World in Nottingham a few times, so may just be periodic release, but first time seen it online.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Qwerty Cat
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m not too eager for a 5th edition.

On a side comment from above. Relic is a very good game, If you can find it. The Halls of Tera is a nice expansion for it but not necessary. We also have the Nemesis expansion but don’t usually play it. Changes the game. (These are in the Warhammer 40 k world.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nugent
United Kingdom
Rugby
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cats 4 Mice wrote:
I'm in two camps on this one...

On one side having new mini sculpts, characters, locations, rules, cards, NPCs, upgraded tokens, new ideas for expansions etc. would be great.

However, on the other side I already have so much Talisman 4th ed. content, including stacks of custom cards, homebrew endings and 'tweaked' characters that I have invested a lot of time in - and to be fair I really like 4th ed.

I suppose I'd like to see an AoS/Oldhammer 'Talisman-like' board game. They already have tons of artwork from their Warhammer card game, they have a world in which the board can be set (admittedly this may be tricky with the AoS realm system and more suited to Oldhammer's world.) and so many interesting races and monsters to either play as or defeat.

Either way I think this IP is something that GW unfortunately isn't putting much love into at the moment, which is a shame for us fans of the series and considering it's one of their oldest properties.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pheonom wrote:
Either way I think this IP is something that GW unfortunately isn't putting much love into at the moment, which is a shame for us fans of the series and considering it's one of their oldest properties.
The IP is getting plenty of love.
There are FOUR spinoff games in the pipe, the first of which is already out.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1918025/4-new-games-set-tal...
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/255658/talisman-legendar...

The mainline game might be neglected at the moment, but the IP is fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Voshall
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pheonom wrote:
Cats 4 Mice wrote:
I'm in two camps on this one...

On one side having new mini sculpts, characters, locations, rules, cards, NPCs, upgraded tokens, new ideas for expansions etc. would be great.

However, on the other side I already have so much Talisman 4th ed. content, including stacks of custom cards, homebrew endings and 'tweaked' characters that I have invested a lot of time in - and to be fair I really like 4th ed.

I suppose I'd like to see an AoS/Oldhammer 'Talisman-like' board game. They already have tons of artwork from their Warhammer card game, they have a world in which the board can be set (admittedly this may be tricky with the AoS realm system and more suited to Oldhammer's world.) and so many interesting races and monsters to either play as or defeat.

I dunno. I think it could work. Instead of the center board connected to various parts of the world like you have with Talisman Classic, you could have semi-separate boards representing each of the nine realms (IIRC) connected by Realm Gates both on the boards and shuffled into each of the decks. Combine that with a variety of 'Central Boards' that focus on different locals of note (The Silver Tower, Shadespire, Hammerhal, etc), I think you could have a rather unique take on a beloved classic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just keep the 4th edition. No need to keep hammering away at this. New spin-offs is welcomed. I own Talisman Legends and it s a fun family game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls