Popular Tags: [View All]
Carsten Neumann
Germany
Düsseldorf
NRW
flag msg tools
'Thematic?'
badge
"Ugh", Hail sighs. "Dispatch these simpletons quickly. I am already bored with them."
mbmbmbmbmb
I do love my Scythe metal coins, but I do no want to move them back and forth everytime I play Viticulture. And paying up to 30€ for a nice-to-have (the current price of the metal coins for V.) is a lot.

Did anybody order 3rd party coins anywhere? Or can you advice any real money coins available on Ebay? Or...?

Thanks for solving my (very much) 1st world "problem" :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Gerig
United States
Upland
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Metal Coins
I didn't do any price comparisons to know if it's worthwhile, but maybe you could buy a bunch of old pre-Euro Italian Lira? (Careful if the ebay auction says "100 Lira coins." It's probably for a single 100-Lira coin, not for 100 coins.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Neumann
Germany
Düsseldorf
NRW
flag msg tools
'Thematic?'
badge
"Ugh", Hail sighs. "Dispatch these simpletons quickly. I am already bored with them."
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. But old Lira will not do it. They actually had 100 (and maybe even higher) coins. The Maximum in Germany was 5 DM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Link
Germany
Reutlingen
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought some "GameCoins" on Amazon a while ago. These have "1s" and "5s". Its a package of 60 coins and a nice bag for 24 €. There are all kinds of variations, not really cheap, but usable for almost every game.

I also own the viticulture coins and the scythe coins, because these are extraordinary... but the generic coins will do it definitely.

Just search for LudoXL on Amazon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Neumann
Germany
Düsseldorf
NRW
flag msg tools
'Thematic?'
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I bought real Italian Lira (from the pre-€ time) on Ebay. They cost less than 10€ including transport.

So, people will just remove all the additional zeros in their head and then we have nice "real" money to play with.

That is the best decision, I think

edit: typo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls