flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Are you fucking serious?
motoyugota wrote:
yet here it remains, even after Octavian has read the thread.

I think you'll find that most Complaints Dept threads are fairly light on moderation. In the past I've been concerned about how it would look to heavily moderate a thread complaining about moderation. As a result, Complaints Dept posts are given a bit more leeway.

I'll have to think about revisiting that decision.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rico
United States
Mill Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
motoyugota wrote:
yet here it remains, even after Octavian has read the thread.

I think you'll find that most Complaints Dept thread are fairly light on moderation. In the past I've been concerned about how it would look to heavily moderate a thread complaining about moderation. As a result, Complaints Dept posts are given a bit more leeway

Quote:
I'll have to think about revisiting that decision.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmb
motoyugota wrote:
DragonsDream wrote:
motoyugota wrote:
plezercruz wrote:
Thunkd wrote:
It’s simpler than that. Letting people snipe at each other and make meanspirited comments leads to a toxic environment and will make BGG an unfriendly place to visit.
You mean comments like Desiree's and Grant's up there?

Pete (hopes by the time others read this those will have been edited and this won't make sense)

Yeah, like that'll happen - the other ongoing complaint thread proves that they are both on the "right side" of the very biased moderation here and don't need to hold back like everyone else does.
as if I've never been moderated

Never said that - it just takes a lot more for you and those on "your side" to get moderated than others, and your comments on that thread and your comment here prove that. "Want a cookie?" the way you said it is most definitely disruptive, insulting, and adds literally nothing to the conversation, yet here it remains, even after Octavian has read the thread.

It's unfair of you not to give her the benefit of the doubt. Maybe she just happens to have a surplus of havreflarn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Keeper of the Sacred Aardvark
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
motoyugota wrote:
DragonsDream wrote:
motoyugota wrote:
plezercruz wrote:
Thunkd wrote:
It’s simpler than that. Letting people snipe at each other and make meanspirited comments leads to a toxic environment and will make BGG an unfriendly place to visit.

Pete (hopes by the time others read this those will have been edited and this won't make sense)

Yeah, like that'll happen - the other ongoing complaint thread proves that they are both on the "right side" of the very biased moderation here and don't need to hold back like everyone else does.
as if I've never been moderated

Never said that - it just takes a lot more for you and those on "your side" to get moderated than others, and your comments on that thread and your comment here prove that. "Want a cookie?" the way you said it is most definitely disruptive, insulting, and adds literally nothing to the conversation, yet here it remains, even after Octavian has read the thread.

It's unfair of you not to give her the benefit of the doubt. Maybe she just happens to have a surplus of havreflarn.

quite coincidentally, I actually do since we celebrated my birthday Sunday. I have extra cake too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grant5 wrote:
Octavian wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
ermj1986 wrote:

I don't post valuable content here anymore, as a form of "civil disobedience." Previously, the moderators removed all of my session reports after I employed a form of "civil disobedience".

I find that hard to believe. They almost never nuke content without cause. This was especially true before the "nuke offending posts" policy was in place.

I had to go back into my records to figure out what this was in reference to.

In this case it was because his "form of civil disobedience" was to edit his session reports to delete all the content and replace it with a link promoting another site.

That's amazing. I think that makes "Previously, the moderators removed all of my session reports after I employed a form of "civil disobedience" the single most disingenuous sentence I've read on BGG. And there has been some stiff competition.
Yeah, attributing the loss of your session reports to moderation, when in fact you removed them and replaced them with links, is entirely false. You (ermine, not Grant) removed them. BGG just deleted links, not your session reports.

It’s especially disingenuous to give a “lost” word count. The posts you removed yourself might have been 900,000 but after you edited them and replaced them with links that was no longer true. What got deleted wasn’t anywhere near that number, and as they were links elsewhere, the reality is zero words of your sessions were removed by BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spoon wrote:
zuludawn wrote:
Replying to this post Re: Which users have left taking all of their contributions?, I wrote, "Kudos if you did."

And it got zapped. Seriously??

Subject: User Moderation
Personal attack in https://boardgamegeek.com/article/30979737#30979737

When you step outside of RSP, you have to remember to put your pants back on.

but I leave the fly unzipped.

PS... No underwear since 1985.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CivDiss these days....

Such boldness. Such vision. Such effect. Such change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
motoyugota wrote:
plezercruz wrote:
Thunkd wrote:

I get moderated and have my posts deleted all the time. Sorry it hasn't been often enough for you liking. //shrug//
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Are you f* serious?
Can we change the title
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonsDream wrote:
plezercruz wrote:
Thunkd wrote:

tbh, I figured mine would have red x'ed and/or nuked by a mod by now but still, it needed to be said. so, um... why haven't you red x'ed it yet?
I actually did.

Pete (probably didn't have enough company)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
costguy wrote:
Can we change the title

By collective will power? Unlikely. OP can change it though, if they so choose.

Or you can appeal to an admin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Johnson
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
plezercruz wrote:
Thunkd wrote:

I've had problems with Desiree's and Grant's comments before, but I actually don't see a problem with those two. Maybe I'm under sensitive?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheGodsMustBeCrazy wrote:
plezercruz wrote:
Thunkd wrote:

I've had problems with Desiree's and Grant's comments before, but I actually don't see a problem with those two. Maybe I'm under sensitive?
It's probably me.

Pete (is probably overly sensitive to these sorts of things)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
plezercruz wrote:
Thunkd wrote:

If you would kindly drop me a note indicating how I can more efficiently offend you, I will make sure this grievous oversight isn't repeated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
plezercruz wrote:
Thunkd wrote:

I didn't have a problem with those posts myself, honestly, but I have seen many posts that are not as bad as those get moderated in the past here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mb
motoyugota wrote:
I didn't have a problem with those posts myself, honestly, but I have seen many posts that are not as bad as those get moderated in the past here.

Until recently, you wouldn't necessarily know. Moderation was privately handled, and could for example have resulted in x days posting suspension for the user. But there'd be no call-out of the user in the thread, and posts weren't removed like now. And this could happen with collapsed (red-flagged) and non-collapsed posts - flagging just alerts a mod, not guarentees moderation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
col_w wrote:
motoyugota wrote:

Until recently, you wouldn't necessarily know. Moderation was privately handled, and could for example have resulted in x days posting suspension for the user. But there'd be no call-out of the user in the thread, and posts weren't removed like now. And this could happen with collapsed (red-flagged) and non-collapsed posts - flagging just alerts a mod, not guarentees moderation.

I'm talking about posts I've explicitly seen that have then been deleted (in the new paradigm) as well as posts that I know for a fact were moderated in the past. Even though it is "private", people still do talk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Sorry, I misread you - I thought you were saying you'd seen posts in the past that should've been moderated, but weren't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
can I complain here or should I start a new thread re: I mention it's my birthday and no one says a single word (my 50th at that)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonsDream wrote:
can I complain here or should I start a new thread re: I mention it's my birthday and no one says a single word (my 50th at that)

I would recommend doing both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Johnson
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonsDream wrote:

You're right! So sorry!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

5vpd10-0 d10-5d10-0 5dbd10-0

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmb
DragonsDream wrote:

Hrmmmm it was your birthday on Sunday. It's 363 days until your next birthday congratulations eligibility.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy birthday Desiree!

Pete (should be moderated for not noticing)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonsDream wrote:

Congratulations! for making it this far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
DragonsDream wrote:

Hrmmmm it was your birthday on Sunday. It's 363 days until your next birthday congratulations eligibility.
we celebrated on Sunday. It's actually tomorrow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.