Subject: Are you serious? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Are you fucking serious?
DragonsDream wrote:
tumorous wrote:
DragonsDream wrote:
can I complain here or should I start a new thread re: I mention it's my birthday and no one says a single word (my 50th at that)

Hrmmmm it was your birthday on Sunday. It's 363 days until your next birthday congratulations eligibility.
we celebrated on Sunday. It's actually tomorrow

This is getting complicated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ER B
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
DragonsDream wrote:
/q]you want a cookie?

No. I want to offer Pat empathy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ER B
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
grant5 wrote:

Well then, it's a good thing you don't go out of your way to complain about it in random complaint threads.

Yes. However, this isn't random as Pat is one of my friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ermj1986 wrote:
grant5 wrote:

Well then, it's a good thing you don't go out of your way to complain about it in random complaint threads.

I don't know who Pat is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grant5 wrote:
ermj1986 wrote:
grant5 wrote:

I don't know who Pat is.

Pat McGroin?

Shout out to a friend who loved crap like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mb
grant5 wrote:
I don't know who Pat is.

Pat Hirtle = zuludawn

There was a big hoohaa a decade ago when he nuked his original account, deleting some apparently pretty great contributions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ER B
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Octavian wrote:

I had to go back into my records to figure out what this was in reference to.

In this case it was because his "form of civil disobedience" was to edit his session reports to delete all the content and replace it with a link promoting another site.

This is not entirely accurate. I did not delete all my content as you say. I left the first part of it and provided a link to continue to read the rest in my personal blog where all of my Session reports and photos are stored. I was informed after the fact, that this was considered a teaser, and that it was against the rules. I did not know this at the time. I was not trying to promote my blog. There is no advertising in my blog, I make no money, and provide the session reports for people to enjoy. I can see that an over-zealous (in my opinion) application of the site rules would rule this out.

Unfortunately, Moderation intervened and began a campaign (there were a lot of session reports) of deletion without giving me the opportunity to correct the problem. By the time I saw the warning all of my reports were deleted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
In retrospect, I should have posted in the other moderation thread rather than creating my own. And apologies to anyone offended by the thread title. I don't normally post strong language on this site, but those were literally the words that came out of my mouth when I read the GeekMail informing me of the deletion. A less inflammatory title would have been more constructive. Better yet, I could have just waited a day and then not bothered posting at all.

And for the record, yes, I am the user formally known as Pat Hirtle, and deleted that account over a decade ago over a disagreement with the site admins over moderation. In the wake of my departure, numerous threads popped up, some supporting my position, some attacking it. Some of the conversation was polite and well reasoned; but many users, most of whom I didn't know and with whom I had not interacted, used the opportunity to post some pretty ugly and derogatory things about me. None of which was moderated, and as far as I know, is still around here somewhere.

I thought the post that was deleted was pretty harmless. An admin obviously disagreed. I'll try to be more careful in future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zuludawn wrote:
In retrospect, I should have posted in the other moderation thread rather than creating my own. And apologies to anyone offended by the thread title. I don't normally post strong language on this site, but those were literally the words that came out of my mouth when I read the GeekMail informing me of the deletion. A less inflammatory title would have been more constructive. Better yet, I could have just waited a day and then not bothered posting at all.

And for the record, yes, I am the user formally known as Pat Hirtle, and deleted that account over a decade ago over a disagreement with the site admins over moderation. In the wake of my departure, numerous threads popped up, some supporting my position, some attacking it. Some of the conversation was polite and well reasoned; but many users, most of whom I didn't know and with whom I had not interacted, used the opportunity to post some pretty ugly and derogatory things about me. None of which was moderated, and as far as I know, are still around here somewhere.

I thought the post that was deleted was pretty harmless. An admin obviously disagreed. I'll try to be more careful in future.

I remember when you left. I don't know if I knew (or surmised) that it was over moderation. I'm surprised that -- since you're back -- you still engage with the site in areas where moderation occurs. I'd, personally, just be checking out rules and stuff for games; and not giving anyone the satisfaction of moderating me any further
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lemur wrote:
zuludawn wrote:

And for the record, yes, I am the user formally known as Pat Hirtle, and deleted that account over a decade ago over a disagreement with the site admins over moderation. In the wake of my departure, numerous threads popped up, some supporting my position, some attacking it. Some of the conversation was polite and well reasoned; but many users, most of whom I didn't know and with whom I had not interacted, used the opportunity to post some pretty ugly and derogatory things about me. None of which was moderated, and as far as I know, are still around here somewhere.

I remember when you left. I don't know if I knew (or surmised) that it was over moderation. I'm surprised that -- since you're back -- you still engage with the site in areas where moderation occurs. I'd, personally, just be checking out rules and stuff for games; and not giving anyone the satisfaction of moderating me any further

While I don't want to rehash the 2008 incident, I wasn't the one who was moderated. I took issue with the way in which another member was.

That said, your point is well taken. I was just surprised yesterday that I had been moderated at all. I'm pretty careful to avoid posting things that are likely to run afoul of the powers that be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.